Harbor Beach 5/14 & 5/15

Had to excellent days to fish after the lake blew all week. With the can 2 can tournament moved back to this weekend and no fishing all week I thought it was going to be anybodys shot to win it. Most boats got out friday and after we trolled all morning in the tight dirty water and only pulling 2 lakers we decided to move out to deep water against my better judgement since it was westerly at 20-25kts. We made it out to 100f.o.w. and it in a short hour we were heading in at 1030 with our 15 fish. 7 lakers, 6pinks, 1 coho, and 1 steelie. Tournament day saturday went out to deep water again and boxed 26 fish, 10 lakers, 14 pinks, 1 king, and 1 steelie. 2 and 3 colors of lead with small stinger spoons in mixed veggie, clown, and blue dolphin we being checked all day. Dypsys at 1 and 3 setting worked well too. Our one king came on greasy chicken wing dreamweaver spin doctor and money puke g-fly back 70 on the 1 setting. we lost a decent king on the other side with a regular size greasy chicken wing. dreamweaver ss on 3 setting with mono worked well both day for trout and pinks. we also took our trout off the bottom with a brush watermelon dodger and similar colored spinny. We weighed in our 10 fish and came in 6th place with our 55+lbs and also weighed in the largest king at 10.2 lbs. Great tournament run by bennie. Looking for forward for a little break, then will fish the pro king tourney and then head it over to Lake Michigan and Erieau.

greasy chicken wing is a color pattern, gold middle black stripes on top, either orange tail or lower body, i dont remember. dreamweaver spin doctor and I know silver streak spoons make them, not sure about other spoon companys. After looking at some notes when kinds were plentiful in Lake Huron when they hit this spoon they also wanted michele phifer. 2 totally different color patterns but should have tried it this weekend. And if your wondering what a pink is they're small pain in the ass salmon that get to be about 1 pound. When they're around they can be on your lines and you don;t know most of the time. I am good at reading the boards and board rods to see if a pink is on or not. They also seem to to show up on a 2 year cycle. I thought they were always odd years but I've only been wrong one other time. I believe they were accidentally introdudced into the lake, someone else I am sure can confirm this. LSSU was experimenting with pinooks ( a cross between pinks and chinooks).