Spoons on wire dispy

I generally run a six rod spread on my small boat with two riggers, two wire dipseys and two leadcores off inline boards. I always run spoons on the riggers and leadcore and flasher/flies on the dipseys. Question is, are there guys who tend to run spoons off their dipseys rather than flasher/flies?

-- Bud

Edit: I shouldn't say "always" as there are times I run thinfins or stick baits...

Typically i run flasher/flies on my wire rods also but when the flasher/fly bite is non existent, I run spoons on the dipsey rods. Especially early in the season when the king bite hasnt turned on.

If the flasher fly bite isent going then i put #3 jayplugs on low wires. They take fish all year long the first time i run a plugs is about the 2nd weekend in june. It works for us and puts some bigger fish in the boat to. IMO

For some reason I've moved away from the j-plugs. I don't think I ran them at all last year. A couple of years ago I did run them on my divers and did well with them. I'll have to give that another shot. They are good off the cores too right? -- Bud

In the last week one of my most productive setups as been a ss mived veggie spoon, mono dypsy setting at 3.5. and regular size black screwball on braid dypsy setting 1.5 on the same side of the boat. both dypsys with no rings.

I ran J plugs off the wire Dipseys, two salmon took the two I had, so what did I do???

I went to the store and bought 10 more J-plugs all different colors.... I'm gunna get'em this year for sure...

What where you running for mono between the diver and the plug ?. I'm not a big fan of snubbers but unless you beef up the mono you will break a few off..

Good question. When I was getting started, I was using 25lb mono for my leaders between the dipsy and flasher with snubber. Lost a lot of gear until I switched up to 40lb floro. I assume that 40lb floro would be a good choice.

-- Bud

As far as last season & and so far this season, Magnum Dreamweavers are catching just as many fish on my wires as my spindoctors do. Those spoons run awesome even w/ faster speeds.

I run 4 dipseys on my boat and i will normally deploy a couple flasher/flies and a couple of spoons. The Fishlander UG Blueberry Muffin is one of my all time favs off the high diver early in the morning. But, just as many times as i run spoons ill run all four with flashers/flies and theyre poppin'!