These plates are great...http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0080976020106a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntt=transducer+mounting+plates&Ntk=Product_liberal&sort=all&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form1

Drill 2 holes and epoxy the plate to the boat and then you can add and remove things without putting holes in the boat..I love em. I reccommend the 4"x12" or 4"x18". They just look better to me, not so big and bulky..

Matt thanks for your tip. I was hoping that there was a way to attach the triducer to the back of the boat so that I would not have to put any holes in the boat. I believe that I would be able to attach it directly to the transom without the plate but I do not want to put hole in the boat if I do not have to. Again thanks for your info.

Hank

That is what I did with mine but yea I got ya..Its not a good feeling drilling a hole below the water line in a boat..:grin:.

I suppose if you found a really good waterproof adhesive you could just stick either the plate or the triducer to the hull. But I cant think of anything that I would trust. If possible, I would adhere the plate so you can screw the triducer to that. That way if you ever sell the boat and want to keep the fishawk you can remove it.

What I have done to my boats in the past and my current one is to take a piece of lexan, drill and tap it for transducer location and the stick it on the transom with 3M 5200, will never come off. Then screw your transducer into the holes that you just drilled and tapped, put some sealant on the threads to keep them from backing off (don't use 5200 for that or you'll never get them out if you want to change out transducers)