Where to put the fish hawk...

Back by the riggers is good! I have moved mine from there to the dash and back to the stern and back to the dash, and now that you have brought it up i think im moving it back! I like it on the dash for when im driving i can control my down speed! But it is a pain in the ... when im trying to see the depth dropping the rigger down. So I think they need to make one that is wireless so i can have it on my wrist!

I like mine viewable from the helm. A good helmsman should be relaying all that information on a regular basis. I guess for the guys with autopilots it may make sense to have it on the back of the boat.:)

In my opinion it should be visible to the driver. Currents and temps can change quickly and the driver can compensate for the speed and keeping an eye on the temp he/she can relay that information to the crew and they can adjust accordingly..

In my opinion it should be visible to the driver. Currents and temps can change quickly and the driver can compensate for the speed and keeping an eye on the temp he/she can relay that information to the crew and they can adjust accordingly..

I have mine on the dash for the reasons Matt gave.

Dash for me as well, but as stated, it is far more important to have a good driver.

I've been lucky and a number of the buddies I fish with know how to drive my boat.

I rarely spend any time at the helm. Mostly I just drop lines and net fish.

Mine is back near the Riggers, but is very visible to the Helmwoman, so she can adjust speed at anytime, and now that I'll be driving, I'll have a chance to see how I like it back there, I don't like it near the dash because there's no more room at the dash, this is why I wanted to get the fishfinder mode for the Chartplotter. I love the fish hawk....

personally I just moved it from the stern to the helm. I am spending more time watching it while driving for speed, than I am watching it while deploying the rigger. While at the stern, I spent the whole time telling the captain what to do. This way he can tell me when I am where I need to be for depth and leave it at that...

I keep mine mounted by the helm of the salmon slayer as that's where the speed is controlled from. If your dash is full (as mine is) mount it to the hard top or the top of the windshield. My Sub Troll is mounted on the aluminum above the windshield as I don't have a hard top. With it there I can see it from anywhere in the boat.