Tawas Bay Shake down Cruise.

The Priority1 got a dry run on the driveway yesterday. As always the first start up took a little cranking. I run her up to temp and checked everything out, including the charging system, bilge blower and pump, and all the safety stuff on the trailer and boat.

Mike G and myself launched her this eve in the Tawas Bay. We had a strong E Wind blowing so I chose Tawas to duck that E wind behind Tawas Point. I had to make a slight idle speed adjustment, and then set 6 lines out. We only trolled a short while and didn't take a bump. Everything preformed flawlessly, and if the weather is right Priority1 will get wet frequently out of AuGres starting Tue. I would have rather launched in AuGres but the wind direction made that impossible.

I have been having a problem with my left ankle. I have been wearing a brace on and off for the last 11 years. The last two years it has slowed me down considerably. My chores have taken me a lot longer to accomplish. When I'm on the water I feel no pain.:) This crippled up white boy will keep hanging in there.:lol: On the plus side of that I get a better parking place @ the ramp. GITTER DONE.

Glad to hear everything is working for you Frank. I hope your ankle feels better, I know exactly what you are talking about, I have more pins in my body than a voodoo doll. :D

I have found that taking 10 minutes a days to do those stupid little exercises they showed me in therapy really does help, so you might want to try working on your ankle. ( I guess they are not so stupid)

Frank,

Glad to see you back on the water, I have read and follow your reports almost everyday. Good luck with the ankle, and there is no better medicine than time on the boat with the lines in the water.

Craig

Glad to hear that the priority 1 survived the shakedown does not sound like you are surviving so well. Good luck with the ankle and fishing. All of those waves are caused by the fish shaking because they fear the priority 1. With any luck and a little less snow the Chrome 1 will get wet next week. Nobody has been out in St Ignace yet so I may be the first one. There is supposed to be loads of Lake Trout up here so I can tie into a few of those for salmon practice.

I look forward to reading your reports Frank. It will drive me to get back over to Au Gres. Just take it slow and easy on the ankle as them walleyes will have no idea what hit 'em.

The walleye population will be on the downward slide now that the P1 is in the water now.

Get er done Frank!

Im surprised that there are any walleyes left in the lake Heron water shed after the last few years:grin:. Just kidding Frank , Glad to here the Priority 1 is doing well and back on the water for another season.

p.s. I hope that the anckle gets feeling better for ya , becouse you and I have a date set to kill some kings in Manistee:thumb:

Im surprised that there are any walleyes left in the lake Heron water shed after the last few years:grin:. Just kidding Frank , Glad to here the Priority 1 is doing well and back on the water for another season.

p.s. I hope that the anckle gets feeling better for ya , becouse you and I have a date set to kill some kings in Manistee:thumb:

Terry, We'll get em in Manistee. If the ankle is too sore to fish, I'll take the helm. I have some experience behind the wheel of an Islander.:) I do find myself sitting down more than I used to. You have to get over here for some walleye whackin, before that Manistee run.