New Radar Arch

Well I finally finished welding, painting and mounting the new radar arch yesterday. It was alot of work, but WELL worth it. I'm VERY happy with how it turned out and it fits like a glove. :thumb: Adding one more rod holder to each side and need to wire the light up to have it 100% done. I made it out of 1-3/4" exhaust tubing.

radar_arch.jpg

radar_arch3.jpg

radar_arch4.jpg

radar_arch7.jpg

radar_arch5.jpg

Looks awesome Nate! Damn yoopers are crafty:thumb:

Now get that thing out and give us some of those great keweenaw bay reports i have been hearing about. Seems like guys are doing better out of KB than they are out of southern lake michigan ports. I wish it were a little closer.

Looks awesome Nate! Damn yoopers are crafty:thumb:

Now get that thing out and give us some of those great keweenaw bay reports i have been hearing about. Seems like guys are doing better out of KB than they are out of southern lake michigan ports. I wish it were a little closer.

Heading up Friday PM til Saturday AM. The weather isn't looking very nice but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Were did great up there 4/10. 4 man limit by noon.:grin:

4-10-103.jpg

And didn't do too bad 4/18.

4-18-107.jpg

If you dont mind me asking, how much money went into the making of the new arch? Btw, it looks great :)

Don't mind at all. I think I have about $65 into it.

Thanks guys......

Heading up Friday PM til Saturday AM. The weather isn't looking very nice but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Were did great up there 4/10. 4 man limit by noon.:grin:

4-10-103.jpg

And didn't do too bad 4/18.

4-18-107.jpg

Very nice nate....was one short of a limit sunday when i went out by myself and have not seen a limit yet down here.

I agree, that is an excellent job of fabrication!!!

My only concern would be the exhaust pipe as a rust magnet.

I made 24 rod holders out the same stuff and have yet to see any rust show up. Even after a season with the boat in a slip. I had the radar arch powder coat primed and then painted over the powder prime. That powder coat seems to seal up that steel pretty good.

that looks just awsome, ready to do one for me?

I wish I had time to make a batch of these. All in all it wasn't that bad of a project. The hardest part was finding the time to work on it.

Thanks again guys..........