Boat repair

Anyone know of a good welder for aluminum on the west side of Michigan? And in the same breath, I have 13 rivets that need repair.

Got a bit of damage to the hull of my boat from our trip up north. Insurance adjuster is inspecting it in the morning and I need a reccomendation on who is good at welding aluminum. The weld would be a temp fix as I bent a couple of aluminum stringers to boot.

Dang rocks!!

Mark

Anyone know of a good welder for aluminum on the west side of Michigan? And in the same breath, I have 13 rivets that need repair.

Got a bit of damage to the hull of my boat from our trip up north. Insurance adjuster is inspecting it in the morning and I need a reccomendation on who is good at welding aluminum. The weld would be a temp fix as I bent a couple of aluminum stringers to boot.

Dang rocks!!

Mark

Um, Mark.....

Remember when we were talking today about getting together someday and beating up on these fish....????

You think this will be fixed by then....???? ;)

Tim

• 1 month later...

I have a1988 pro 17 Bass Tracker that leaked like a sieve. I found a place in Charlevoix that I could order some closed end rivets. I drilled out the old rivets ,squirted some good marine silicant in the holes and re-riveted the whole boat. no more leaking rivets. It pays to have a nephew who is in the auto repair business,as he loaned me an electric rivet gun.