Sign in to follow this  
AHAB KS1

Where does the extra petcock go?

A petcock was removed from our 5.0 liter Mercruiser last fall and we can't find where it goes. The 2 petcocks located on either side of the engine, midway back and all the way on the bottom are in place. The mystery location is somewhere on the starboard. Any clues you guys have would be greatly appreciated. :search

It could be an exhaust drain. Unfortunetly I wasn't the one who took it out but it's a start. Thanks. But I have 1 more question. I take it the location is somewhere above the spark plugs. Is it more forward or aft of the mid section of the engine?

Edited by AHAB KS1
Would like more detail

It could be! Unfortunetly I wasn't the one who took it out but it's a start. Thanks. But I have 1 more question. I take it the location is somewhere above the spark plugs. Is it more forward or aft of the mid section of the engine?

There should be one on each side often they don't drain well so guys pull them out. check the other side locations will be similar on each side