set lines in new buffalo around 2:30 this afternoon. had a fish on the fishfinder coming out of the harbor so i thought it would be good. WRONG! according to noaa there were supposed to be waves around 1 foot. try 3 to 4 and by the time we came in they were scary for us in our 19 footer. we did manage to catch one small coho in 50 foot, 20 down and 40 back on a mag moonshine flounder pounder. on the way back my kicker motor died so we headed in around 8:30. when we got back to the dock i took the motor cover off the kicker and the oil plug fell in the water and was gone. i kind of had that sinking feeling too, seeing that i run that engine out of oil. ugh

well to top it all off, and you thought it could only get better from there.

when my son was setting lines earlier in the day he got his finger caught between the line leveler and the inside of the reel. all he could do was yell. i didnt know what was wrong. thought something was biting him. he mashed his finger pretty good. has a black and blue nail. it wasnt funny at the time but i just had to tell him duh huh later on. he had it coming. :no: