South Haven 4-11 Evening

Had the whole lake to ourselves out of South Haven this evening. Went 1 for I don't know how many. My wife caught a nice Lake trout in 25 FOW, 15 feet down on the downrigger. We were on a south troll, about a mile south of the piers. It took a jointed J5 Shadrap in fire tiger. Nice night to be out, little choppy and windy, but not too bad. Only bad thing was wind was out of the north, so it was a bit chilly. Got the skunk out of the boat on her first trip of the year. Had a great time, here's the fish. (We let him go :thumb:)

dscn2885.jpg

Thanks for handling that fish properly. See too many pictures of lakers with fish holders rammed through their gills and then people complain that they won't make it when they let them go.

Thanks Kevin. Yeah, I never understood why people had the lip grip in the gills. "LIP" grip, not "Gill" grip.

Thanks for handling that fish properly. See too many pictures of lakers with fish holders rammed through their gills and then people complain that they won't make it when they let them go.

You mean like this? http://www.michigansportsman.com/

A week or two ago there was another laker on there with some kind of meat hook rammed through the gills. http://www.michigansportsman.com/2010/Apr_May_June/4.1.10_Manistee_Mammoth_Mud_Chicken.jpg

It seems to me if you are going to release a fish you should atleast try to keep in in good enough shape so it will live. Weighing it by the gill plate is probably not a good idea.

By the way, good looking fish!:)