Well, went out to St. Joe Saturday morning and went 0 for 0. We tried 10 to 30 ft water, south troll, north troll...and nothing seemed to work. This was much different from last weekend. I guess we'll try again next Saturday.

Any suggestions? Should I go deeper, or north of piers?

Good job on those who did catch fish.

Katrina

Well, went out to St. Joe Saturday morning and went 0 for 0. We tried 10 to 30 ft water, south troll, north troll...and nothing seemed to work. This was much different from last weekend. I guess we'll try again next Saturday.

Katrina

Dont worry, it will get better, the water just needs to clean up and settle down after the big waves all week.

Sat was bad but Fri afternoon was worse we only got 1 small Coho Fri afternoon good thing Scott brought lots of free food or we would have starved LOL. We managed 4 fish Sat but we covered a lot of water to do it We started a little north worked out front a while then work south then we ran down to the Cook plant and worked back north. It was tough fishing for everyone.

Katrina

Katrina, you may want to consider South Haven next Saturday. A few of us are having a get together. Read about it here.

Better luck next weekend Katrina. It can happen to even the best.

I MAY be fishing with John V. again at the above mentioned outing. Make sure you come see me before ya launch if you decide to go there and ill try to swipe at least 5 good lures from him this time to give you two. He has a couple modified spoons you cannot even buy anymore that im sure would work great on your guys boat! :lol::lol:

katrina i fished st joe yesterday and it was still slow compared to what last year was this time due to the recent winds. you were right in your water range and after making a call to the dirty dog i found it was slow for the master fish killer. i am gonna try st joe agian durning the week sometime and maybe it will change but on the 17th i would recomend along with nailer to goto the friendly get together out of so haven. i will be there hopefully

Sea-Mac,

I'll let you know if I'm going to South Haven...that would be great if John let's you swipe a few of his lures, but if they're special to him, don't worry about it. Especially if he can't buy them anymore.

How did you do by the way? You never reported how many you caught.

hard telling where the fish moved to. i am willing to bet it was because of the winds waves and currents and all the fish i caught yesterday were south of the pier heads and there was alot of boats from the pump station all the way down to cook

It was a rough weekend and if you felt like a stranger on the radio it was because there was a tourney going on. Typically people are much more talkative when there is not money on the line. But, hey, that's fishin. Some times you can really do well when others are struggling, sometimes it is the other way around.

Sea-Mac,

I'll let you know if I'm going to South Haven...that would be great if John let's you swipe a few of his lures, but if they're special to him, don't worry about it. Especially if he can't buy them anymore.

How did you do by the way? You never reported how many you caught.

Heh. He'd kill me if i swiped those. You need a radio so you can hear whats goin on out there. I have a hand held you can borrow for the day tho if you'd like.

I fished with Da-Anvil, that was his boat. We ended up 2 for 6. King and a coho. Not sure if he is going to write up a report or not. (just noticed he did write one up but put it in the wrong forum, forgive him he is new to all this)

Do the fish move north? I know that sounds like a stupid question, but why are people going to South Haven instead of St Joe? And where is the boat launch in South Haven?

Katrina.

The fishing in St.Joe is second to none almost year round with there Steelhead fishery Not to mention it is the biggest fishery on the south end of the lake, on the michigan side. As you stated about the fish moving north, They do. Last year the fishing in southhaven was incredible last of april all the way threw the end of may. It was just as good in St.Joe. I will Go to southhaven if the fishing is just as good primarily because it is the closest port to my Home as is the case for alot of the guys. Saugatuck is almost as close and fishing can be outstanding there as well. So with that alot of it has to do with what port is economically accomidating when possible. That is not to say A fisherman would not spend a little extra money to go after fish as most on this site do.

Do the fish move north? I know that sounds like a stupid question, but why are people going to South Haven instead of St Joe? And where is the boat launch in South Haven?

Yes they do go North, Or just the fishing get's good from South to north, as the lake warms.

Here's a map of South Haven. The launch is at the black River Park. Take exit 22 to the West, go to the Blue Star (first street). Go South to 2nd ave/E Wells. then West till it ends. The launch is right about 100 yards. It has a machine to take your money. $6.00 I think?

Picture7.png

Picture6.png