bought a boat

well i pulled the trigger and bought a sea ray today. its a 1976 24ft sundancer with the 230hp ford v8 with a mercruiser gen 1 out drive single screw. it will not be ready for the water till next year because it does need some work done since it is 34 years old. but i figure with a little bit of time and hopefully not alot of money i can make it into a class act fishing boat. i will post pics when i pic it up saturday.

a big thanks to mike (glf) and andy (2unreel) for even answering thier phones when they knew it was me to offer thier advice.

Congratulations on your purchase. Im looking forward to seeing pics of your boat along with the transformation from this season to the next. Allot of sweat and blood goes into projects like that, but they are oh so sweet when theyre done....and worth all the effort.

Get it going you still have a whole lot of time to get it in the water yet this year. Don't worry about it being old as long as it runs good. THe best looking boats don't always have the fullest coolers at the end of the day. My boat is an old one but it sure catches its share of fish. I even use a couple of 40 year old salmon poles on it just to give it some extra charm.