This weekend on Sag. Bay

Well, I’m planning on heading over to the Sag. Bay (Linwood) for the first time ever this weekend. If any of you Bay fisherman have any advice/ideas/suggestions/techniques I would greatly appreciate it. Some specific questions I have are, 1. What effect will all this rain we’re having this week have on the fishery by Sat/Sun? 2. What about my technique? I’m thinking Husky jerks, Long A’s etc. 15 FOW, in the day to dusk. Then switching to super slow crawler harness at night in shallower water. 3. Do I need to travel far from Linwood to find fish? Or would I be better launching somewhere else? 4. Can someone recommend a decent/cheap motel? I know, I know, a lot of questions right? I have more but will stop short of asking for GPS coordinates. Hopefully the wind cooperates and If I don’t find’em this time, I can always return right.

Peace, Tony

Should be able to catch all you want outta Linwood in 15-20' of water or off the mouth of the Saginaw River either vertical jigging along the island or channel or trolling the flats in that area in 11-15' of water. Fish are also being taken off the mouth of the Kawkawlin in 8-12' of water....Ive done all my fishing outta Linwood in the 18-20' range pulling deep thunderstick Jr, Deep little ripper reef runners and #7 and #9 shad raps. Deep and shallow HJ are definitely working though.....Guys are also pulling harnesses and taking fish behind inlines though....As far as the effects from the rain, it will probably bring the rivers up and flush a bunch of debris out. May be tough to troll and keep your lines clean as its all gonna end up in the Bay. We already got some pretty decent rainfall the last few days. Water will probably be pretty murky as well as its already tea colored with the precip we've already gotten. Might go to chocolate milk. In that case id look for some cleaner water.

As far as motels, you have the American Inn, Northland Motel, Huron Trail, Holiday Inn and Euclid Motel are probably your closest options. Theyre located in Kawkawlin and Bay City's north side.