Hello everyone,

I came across this forum while looking for some info on Saginaw Bay. It looks like a pretty cool thing and I’m glad to join. I mostly fish inland lakes and reservoirs with my sons, targeting whatever will bite, Bluegils, perch, eyes…..Yum…., or I do a little Salmon fishing on Lake Mi. being that I live closer to the West Coast. I also really enjoy standing in a river, going after tasty little trouts. It turns out that I’m only two hours from the bay so I figured I’d try my luck there for a change. Maybe discover a new walleye haunt. I’ve heard the waves can push you off the bay quite often and maybe that’s been my main reason for neglecting to fish it in the past. I have a 17’ Starcraft superfisherman that’s pretty deep and takes the waves on lake Mich. Just fine. But it is more often rollers than chop. It’s got a 75 horse OB and a little 4 stroke, long shaft kicker with a homemade steering hookup and rheostat throttle for trolling quiet. Anyway, I loaded a couple pics and personal info and will post my specific questions on Sag. Bay separately.

Peace, Tony

Hey Tony, welcome to GLF.

Your boat will work fine on Saginaw Bay. Just watch the weather and use common sense as on any big body of water. Its a great fishery, i live two miles from it. Once you get a little taste of it you wont be able to get enough. Be safe and have fun out there.

Welcome Tony! Very thorough intro. I live east of you over by St. Louis. I fish Muskegon mostly and started doing a little walleye fishing last year. If you have any questions or need help let us know.

Welcome! You will be fine with your boat on the bay. I've seen some pretty small boats on the bay on the right day, and on the bad days you wouldn't even want to be out there in a big boat. Use some common sense and you'll do just fine! See ya out there

Hi Tony. A warm welcome to the GLF site. You will like it here. I fish the Saginaw Bay mostly out of AuGres. I fish from a Starcraft Islander hardtop. I'm retired so I hit the water quite regularly Mon-Fri. You will do fine in your boat. Watch the weather reports, and keep an eye on the sky. Use common sense. Just holler if you need any help. Fishon.:)