new boat

well found a 1985 searay 26 footer with twin 350's today and made the call and went and looked at it and gave the lady an offer on it just now sitting here waiting if she will take the offer.

the boat is not rigged for fishing at all but after being out with andy (2unreel) yesterday i think its a good foundation for a fishing boat. so if anyone has any thoughts on electronics and other rigging ideas that make fishing more productive please feel free to add to this.

my thoughts were the fact that the engines are under deck making for open deck for fishing. twin screws just incase (after what we went through on 4-2). the cabin to get crew out of bad weather if it pops up. and its trailerable

Before you buy, it would be a very good idea to have it surveyed.

talked to andy about it since he is a searay owner and he said he would take some time to take a look at it with me and give me his thoughts on it

talked to andy about it since he is a searay owner and he said he would take some time to take a look at it with me and give me his thoughts on it

Agreed, but a survey is a good idea, and the boat is probably fine. It will let you know if the hull is structurally sound, how much moisture is within the gel coat etc. It really is a good idea.

Agreed, but a survey is a good idea, and the boat is probably fine. It will let you know if the hull is structurally sound, how much moisture is within the gel coat etc. It really is a good idea.

Great idea for a 25 year old boat.

well as of right now everything is falling in place for the purchase of a "new" 1985 sea ray 26ft sundancer with twin screws. they guy who wants to buy the bass boat has called 5 or 6 times today asking little stupid questions and is driving in from south lyon tomorrow to look at it and "fingers crossed" buy it so i can make the deal work with the sea ray so all in all if you see pics under a post from me of a sea ray it meas the deal went through