Tiara 27 Open

TiaraGuy

Classic style that Leon Slikkers kept for many years. The windshield On these Tiara's still looks the same as cousin Ryan's 1965 SlickCraft, and my 1979 Tiara 2000. They are some of the classiest, nicest ridding, and solid built boats made. Great pictures guys.

I've recently just purchased a 2700 open Tiara :D Ill have to toss some pics in here when she finally gets home.

Welcome to the other side and the 27' Tiara club!!:thumb::thumb::grin: What yr did you end up getting??

For anybody that might be looking for one to buy. my bro-in-law is selling his!! PM me if interested!!

Scott

Hey, it's my twin...

Right down to the same Atlantic tower.

I'm guessing 1984??

Yes sir! 1984 (Go Tigers!) I bought it from the original owner who was 86 years old last year when I got it. He bought it brand new in 84' as a retirment present for himself. I have the original sales reciept for the boat. With all options included, he paid $53,000 otd with a trailer!!

She has 655 hours on her, and 60 were put on last fall by me! It was bought and kept for 25 years in the same marina! I looked for a boat like this for 3 years and finnially found exactly what I wanted! There are a lot of really beat up ones out there as well!

To me it was the perfect boat.....Big enough to be a "big" boat and handle the rough stuff well, but still small enough that I can trailer it with no problems with my 1/2 ton around the U.P. :thumb:

Yes sir! 1984 (Go Tigers!) I bought it from the original owner who was 86 years old last year when I got it. He bought it brand new in 84' as a retirment present for himself. I have the original sales reciept for the boat. With all options included, he paid $53,000 otd with a trailer!!

She has 655 hours on her, and 60 were put on last fall by me! It was bought and kept for 25 years in the same marina! I looked for a boat like this for 3 years and finnially found exactly what I wanted! There are a lot of really beat up ones out there as well!

To me it was the perfect boat.....Big enough to be a "big" boat and handle the rough stuff well, but still small enough that I can trailer it with no problems with my 1/2 ton around the U.P. :thumb:

Amazing... you really have a cherry there buddy. Take care of her, she will last a long time. Mine just turned 3070 hrs this weekend, and still runs like a brand new machine. The beautiful part about our 27 Opens is just the timeless look they have, and how they keep a resale value, not so much the last 2 yrs, but it will come back.

I bought mine in 2007, for the tune of $42k. I am the 4th owner, and am personal friends with the previous 3, who pampered it just as much as I do. The only downfall is the underpowered 220 Crusaders, which will be replaced when needed, just hopefully no time soon.

Enjoy your pride of the Great Lakes...

The only downfall is the underpowered 220 Crusaders, which will be replaced when needed, just hopefully no time soon.

QUOTE]

I agree. I am hoping for a few good years out of the 220's, but I can definatly see a couple 350 MPI's in her future!

The only downfall is the underpowered 220 Crusaders, which will be replaced when needed, just hopefully no time soon.

QUOTE]

I agree. I am hoping for a few good years out of the 220's, but I can definatly see a couple 350 MPI's in her future!

Change the oil every 80hrs or so, and you will never need to, unless you just hafta have the power.

• 1 month later...

Wow I didn't know they made that many 27's. I bought mine in 93 and she was ten with less than 400 hrs. I've been running her hard as a charter boat ever since. I hate to look at the hours, but I can't complain. One new shaft and coupling, a couple head change outs, new electronic ign., 4 or 5 impeller changes, new canvas and curtains. Speaking of that I want one of those hard tops, what do they run.

I would hate to ruin things by posting a photo of the chrome 1 19 foot 1985 starcraft holiday, I do know that last year we only caught the skunk on one trip out of 70. So ugly as it is, it knows how to find the fish. Nice boats guys let me know if we can work out a trade.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, Well the boat FINALLY will be arriving in Alpena around the 9th or 10th of july. Now i am in the market for a trailer for her. Its a 1985 Tiara 2700 open inboard of course. If anyone has any leads at all send me a pm :D