Nice start to the big water season

Got a call from our buddy Reggie today. He was headed up fishing and wanted to know if Dad and I would join him. So we did. He only had 4 LC reels so we brought 8 of ours and all most of our body baits. Glad we did as we would need them. Headed out, set up in 14', set lines not much going or much on the graph or the lines. So we're trolling along and im like damn, i cant believe we're not marking anything at all. So, i went up and looked at his graph. Sensativety was set at 30%. So, i cranked it up to around 75% and away we went. Marked a few, but nothing substantial, so we pointed it east. Finally once we hit 18' we started to see fish, but they were below our HJ14's. So, i pulled my side and put out 3 Deep Jr. Thundersticks. I just got the side set and we got a fish on. Lost it half way to the boat. Reset and then the outside thunderstick went. Got that in and changed the other side to some Reef Runner Deep Little rippers. Had a steady parade of fish the rest of our trip. Ended up 15 for 19, one of which was a sublegal. Had to cut our trip short for a BBQ this afternoon at our house, so we came in with 14. Not a bad first trip of the year. Ill post the pics when i get them downloaded.

Deep Diving Thunder Stick Jr. 60-100' back. Blue/Silver, Black/Silver, Gold/Orange, Natural Perch

Deep Diving Little Ripper 45-60' back. Copperhead and Black/Silver

Flat lined a couple off the corners as well. 1/2 oz. Deep Thunderstick 65' back Black/Silver Prizm and a Deep Bomber Long A in Gold/Orange 50' back.

Firsttripoftheyear001.jpg

Firsttripoftheyear004.jpg

Firsttripoftheyear005.jpg