Hi, I'm kind of new to salmon fishing (only been doing it for a few years), but I'm crazy about it. First, I'd like to say thanks to all the guys who write in their days catch and what they use. It has helped me quite a bit. Without your help, I wouldn't know what to do out there. You guys are great.

Second, I'm hoping somebody can help me on where to go this Friday and Saturday. I was thinking about going to Muskegon, but I'm wondering if I should go south, to St Joe. And how deep should we go? I would like coho or browns, or to be honest with you, anything. I just want to get out there and catch something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

Welcome aboard Katrina. I have seen you lurking around for a long time. Thanks for finally making a post. :thumb:

I would haul your boat down to St. Joseph on Friday and Saturday if I was you. The coho will be snapping this weekend, and everyone should catch a lot of fish!

If you have any questions, dont be afraid to ask.

Mike

I'm very sorry for never posting before today. I am new to this and I didn't know what I was doing. But, I am a little more experienced, so you will be seeing more of me.

I'm going to take your advice and head down there. What depths are they having luck at, what speed, and are they using spoons? Or something else?

And, one other thing. How do I post my profile picture next to my name, like you and everybody else?

I'm very sorry for never posting before today. I am new to this and I didn't know what I was doing. But, I am a little more experienced, so you will be seeing more of me?

Don't be sorry. Learning how to use this website(the software) is the biggest thing people have to over come.

I'm going to take your advice and head down there. What depths are they having luck at, what speed, and are they using spoons? Or something else?

Do you mind asking another question in the salmon pros forum? You will get all of the answers you need and then some. ;)

And, one other thing. How do I post my profile picture next to my name, like you and everybody else?

This is called an avatar. Click on UserCP, and click on edit avatar. Browse to your image on your pc, and upload your image. Avatars can not be larger than 200 x 200 pixels and 20kb in size.

Welcome aboard Katrina.

Dont feel bad about asking questions. The only dumb question is the question thats not asked. Theres a great group here and a wealth of info to draw from. Dont be affraid to tap into it....Good luck in St. Joe this weekend.

Welcome! Thanks for making the intro. The people on this site don't mind helping out. Everyone had to start somewhere. Feel free to ask as many questions as you need. Chances are there are a lot more people with the same question, they just didn't ask.

Muskegon is where we usually fish out of. I was going to go there this weekend, but I was told it should be better in St Joe than Muskegon.

Do you know where a good boat launch is in St Joe? I have never been there and I'm not sure where to go.

There is a state launch in Benton Harbor, across the street from Tackle Haven. I would stay shallow, and work it to the south. If you cant get it going, dont be afraid to wonder out to 20 ft or so. To the south there are some sand bars that hold fish, watch your graph you cant miss them. We usually keep it around 2 - 2.5. but that depends on what they want. If its sunny, stretch em out. Good Luck!