how slow & with what ?

Most times i troll somewhere from 0.9-1.7 S.O.G. on the GPS. I usually start out a bit faster and dial it back as needed. I like to pull Rapala Husky jerks in size DHJ10 and DHJ12 or #7 Shad Raps if fish are deep or the shallow Huskey Jerks in HJ10, HJ12 or HJ14 if the fish are high in the water column or when fishing shallow. I also like to use the large 7 1/4" original F18 rapalas. Use those mostly when fishing at night....Clown, Firetiger and Blue/Silver are my favorites.

Smithwicks, Bomber long A's, Thundersticks, Challenger Minnows and Yozuris are all good options in cold water conditions.

Adam pretty much nailed it. I usually start on the slow end this time of yr and pick it up if needed. You just have to find out what they want, then give em lots of it. If you are picking up fish on the turns note if it's inside (slow) or outside (fast). Sometimes it's just hard to figure them out. Last year we had a trip where the fish would hit inside and outside. They just wanted it different.:) Just when you think you have it all down pat, those SOGs will humble you.

Most times i troll somewhere from 0.9-1.7 S.O.G. on the GPS. I usually start out a bit faster and dial it back as needed. I like to pull Rapala Husky jerks in size DHJ10 and DHJ12 or #7 Shad Raps if fish are deep or the shallow Huskey Jerks in HJ10, HJ12 or HJ14 if the fish are high in the water column or when fishing shallow. I also like to use the large 7 1/4" original F18 rapalas. Use those mostly when fishing at night....Clown, Firetiger and Blue/Silver are my favorites.

Smithwicks, Bomber long A's, Thundersticks, Challenger Minnows and Yozuris are all good options in cold water conditions.

:welcome:yeahthat.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I ran some smithwicks around 1.5 / 1.8 today and did not see much action on them. I was running the floaters at about 65 ft back 10 lb test with just a snap. They just seem to run without much action to them at all.

Do the roughs get more wiggle to them ? We seem to get more action on the baits at 1.9 / 2.1 I guess maybe we should have run spinners.The stick baits

look better faster !

I agree with Frank and say that Adam gave a good round up of baits.

When fishing deeper I like Reefrunners a lot.

One of my all time favorites is a jointed Rapala minnow (J9 - J 13) all season long.

When fishing with rod in hand, I run the lures off a 3-way, and swing the rod forward for a darting or fleeing action of the bait.

This time of year with such clear water and fish being shallow, I run the baits out away from the boat using in-line boards. Use an S trolling pattern to change action of the baits and cover varying depths till you find the fish.

HIH