Finally done!

Today I finally got the wiring, cleaning and waxing all done! Now this week get her loaded up and ready for a road trip to Muskegon Friday. Its just the little stuff that takes so long, I have to pick up a new fire extiingusher, the old one is showing between green and red. Flares are good for 2 more yrs. Checked and double checked it all! Now for the fun to begin!!!

The bad thing is when you get one side done, theres another and the top sucks!!!

I hear that. Thats why i always keep everything from the rubrail down for last. Smooth sailing once your there!!! My least favorite part is the cockpit cause theres so much to go around and the walls where the walk around is along the sides of the cabin. What a PITA!!!!

Oh itll clean it. Get the deck wet, put some down, scrub it a bit and let it set for like 5 minutes. If it starts to dry just spritz some water in it with the hose. After that scrub it a bit again and spray it off. Will be nice and white and clean.;)

Thats the last thing too do, its supposed to be in the 70s later in the week. Sounds like a good time to do it.

The weather and marine forecast looks good for the southern end of the lake.

Try Star Brites non-skid cleaner on a wet deck. Work it in and then let it sit for twenty minutes before you hit it with your deck brush again. Rinse.

Then, swallow hard, then go buy some Woody Wax($35). A LITTLE goes a long way, make sure you do exactly what they recommend for application. If your non-skid feels greasy and slick underfoot after the treatment, you put too much on. Dried on blood, dog vomit(two labs), fish guts and fish upchuck all fail to penetrate this film.

The abrasives in those soft scrub type cleaners are scoring your gel coat and increasing the little micro-crevices that stains get into. Silica is harder than gel coat. Bon ami type cleaners use micro fiberglass crystals as the scouring agent, so while they are abrasive, you aren't scouring with particles against your gel coat that are a harder material than gel coat itself, ie less abrasive.

What the he77 do you use to get the nonskid on the deck clean, thats a major PIA!

I had the same question so I went to the source. I called the manufacturer (Baha Cruiser) to see what they recommend, and they said they use Comet w/bleach. I bought a large can, and it's game on this Friday. Time to get the grit off. The top of the hard top is the biggest PITA for me because I can't reach the center very well, and I'm over 6' tall.:rolleyes: I just bought some Woody Wax for the non-skid. This allows me to hose the blood off the deck w/o busting my @#% on a slippery surface. :thumb:

When I bought my CC, it came from the Brainard,Mn. area. The keel and about a foot and a half on each side apparently touched Gull Lake waters while on the shore station. These lakes have hard water and a lot of iron oxide, resulting in a nasty red/orange scale. I didn't have the courage to use a hull cleaner. I used a 3M cleaner wax on a seperate buffing pad to finally get this off. Any nasty shallow scratches or surface scale is erased with this stuff.

I would suggest trying a mildly abrasive cleaner wax on your hardtop, like Starbrite's cleaner wax with TFE. If it is oxidized, then the 3M, which has more polishing compound in it. Both these waxes will pull leaf stains and atmospherice grit (the guy who put me on to them, slipped his boat by a coal pile on shore).I'm 6'-3" and have to take my belt off and climb onto the hardtop to get to the centerline too. The non-polishing agent Starbrite with Teflon and Collinite (not Collinite's Fleet wax) are my wax choices for the hull and topside,respectively, on my walkaround.

Edited by Cork Dust
spelling error