Squid Bodies

So I was at the store the other day checkin out some salmon fishin' baits and I noticed the salmon bodies. I picked one up just to try it out. I haven't read too many reports that included fish being caught on them. Is it because no one uses them? Or just that they don't catch too many fish?

Squids definitely work, it just seems that mylar flies are the rage right now, but will both take fish. Some guys are using both to create hybrid flies that have a bit more bulk and using the squid to add more glow when fishing deep.

I still run squid behind a dodger or flasher. Many of the meat rig set ups use squid like teasers ahead of the meat.

A lot of the deep sea fishermen use them. eBay has a ton of them listed. Here is a link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/20-Pcs-OCTOPUS-SQUID-SKIRTS-SOFT-LURE-4-5cm_W0QQitemZ280482498462QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414e0f479e

You can also put a piece of sponge inside the head, soaked in your favourite attractant.

One of the main reasons to run this set up. Cotton Balls work well also. A scent trail never hurts. :) Ya need something inside the head to keep it expanded anyways.:)