Howie's Super Copper

Has anyone had a chance to use this new copper. Any feedback good or bad would be appreciated . Does it live up to being less troublesome as far as l less kinks , longevity, price, etc. What copper wire would you recommend ???? I have an option to go with a 400' ,500', or 600' rig. Any pluses or minuses on which one I go with ??? Thanks ahead of time for any input.

I ran a 400' last year. Unfortunately, with the cooler temps, it didn't produce many fish. I don't recall having any kinks with it. If I have to replace any copper in the future, it will be with the SC. I believe it only cost a couple more dollars per 300'. The only draw back I can see with running a 600', is the amount of pull it has on a in-line board.

The super copper comes off the reel more like lead core and doesnt rats nest if spooled too quickly. I ran 150, 300 and 450 last year with 300 being the best producer. I saw no differance between SC and regular copper as far as producing fish. Going to run all SC this year.

Used it last year and really like it. It is superior to regular copper but you still have to be careful when deploying it. It spools up easy. I'm sold on it and will be changing over all my copper rods to it as needed.

Does the Howie super copper spool the same as std. copper ????? Anything different with it re-spooling letting it out , amt. of drag, etc. Thanks

The super copper does spool much nicer than the standard copper, but you still have to be careful when letting it out. Usually when putting out my copper I will tighten the spool tension so the spool can't spool freely. After it is out far enough to pull line on its own I will loosen the tension and start using the drag to regulate how fast the line is coming off the spool.

How much depth per 100. Any difference from the old copper

I have asked the guys at Howie if there was a difference in sink rate with the super copper and they said there was not. Here is a depth chart that was posted in a previous thread. Hope this helps.