Which GPS/Chartplotter???

I'm looking @ purchasing a new setup for my rig this season. I could use some input from those out there what you all use. Looking to spend roughly $1500 or so. Thought about the new Lowrance HDS. Any comments good or bad is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Lowrance customer sevice is not very highly rated right now, so if you do have a problem you may have a rough way to go. Search the net and see for yourself.

I was going to get a Standard Horizon CP300 before I found a good deal on some used equipment. I found some very good reviews, but you will not find many reviews, at least not the number you would find with a Hummingbird or Lowrance. The entire setup would set you back about $1300.00, not too bad for an 8 inch screen, color unit.

There was another fellow on this site, that was going to get one ( CP300) this spring, hopefully he will chime in and give us a report. I still want to get one, but will wait till next year

Edited by usmcpaul
spelling

The raymarine A70 is a great product. The HDS stuff looks good, but it's a Lowrance product. A local Charter Capt I know (Salmon, trout, bass, perch) went with a complete HDS system and has been pretty impresed so far, +/- 20 trips so far.

I have a Garmin 4208, I like it, but I think Garmin nickels and dimes you to death on software. Standard Horizon, Raymarine, Northstar 6000 are all good units, with all inclusive software packages for the entire Great Lakes and good customer service.