fluoro leader help

Looking for some fluorocarbon leader help... 20# test?? Any certain brand? Looking for my 4 new leadcore lines and thinking about putting a 6 foot leader on my rigger lines for this spring. And of course my dipsy lines too... Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note, anyone know when they will put the docks in at Port Sheldon??? Getting the itch... Bad...

I use seagar which is also Cabella's brand. Same company. Great stuff. Gama has also been dependable as I have been given some sample spools at fishing seminars. Most guys use Gama as it is a big sponser in greatlakes fishing tournements. I prefer seagar as most guys who chime into this thread will suggest the same brands. I personally have been satified with bolth brands. Good luck.

I use Gamma for years great stuff have also used Seaguar did not like it as well I thought the Gamma tied nicer. But if they do stop making Gamma I would go back to Seaguar. However for my line leader on all my rods and reels it is either big game mono or P Line Flouro clear. Short leaders, flies and Meat rigs I make with Gamma Flouro Leader

I used seagur for a long time, really great line but expensive. now i use mostly Ande flouro line, also really great line. I use P-line for my long flouro leaders cause it is is cost efficient, also really great line.......i honestly believe just having flourocarbon line is a more important factor over which brand it is.

We don't use any Fluorocarbon on the boat. Just a personal thing I guess but don't really see a need for Salmon or trout.. or walleye for that matter, try running a 6' leader of Trilene XL couple of pounds lighter than your main line when running spoons. it will give the spoon a better "Snap"

With the Great Lakes getting cleaner and cleaner there is an even greater need to go to fluorocarbon leaders. Anyone who steelhead fishes the rivers can attest to going from 6lb flouro leaders to 4lb on days when the pressure is intense. Bass guys are going lighter on their flouro to generate an extra bite or two on tough days too. Will a flouro leader catch you 15 more fish a day? Probably not, but 1 or 2 extra bites is generally worth it.

With that being said, we used the new McCoy Flourocarbon last year. We use McCoy mono on all rods needing mono. We had no complaints about it. We used Gamma on all our fly leaders and that was great line, but i also heard the rumor they weren't making fishing line anymore. Seguar is a good choice. it has been around for a long time, and many people use it. To replace the gamma we are going to Ande flouro this year. I should have some good practice with it by mid summer. Any name brand flouro will work. The stuff isn't cheap, but dont let that mean you are going to buy a discount fluorocarbon. You may pay the price of a trophy!

Gamma will no longer be making the Flourocarbon but a lot of boats are switching to the new viscious--Viscious is not new but is the old American made Stren compamy. Stren was moved overseas and the employees bought the company back and started the company "VISCIOUS"