Ice Rod Storage

Ok, what are you guys using to protect your rods and reels when your out fishing? Ive been using some Ready Rig Rod bags with hard tube and padded sides. They held 3 combos nicely, and theyve worked very well for a few years now but are beginning to fall apart. So, before next season rolls around im going to get a new case(s). Im looking at the Stone Legacy Revolution. It says it holds up to 8 combos, which is right up my alley as im a high volume guy. Anyone have this case? Will it hold at least 6 and hopefully 8 28"-32" rod and reel combos? Pro's/Con's??? Likes/Dislikes??? I got about $70 in each combo, so i need a good case to protect them.

Thanks for any other suggestions and/or info, much appreciated.

A couple years ago I bought one of those Keeper Deluxe poly Ice fishing chairs that have the rod compartment in the back. it holds my combo's very neatly (but I only use up to 28" inc rods because I fished in Shappell 2000 back then (have since upgraded to the 4000)

Now they offer the rod storage compartment by itself as a bucket back.

You can see them here: http://www.thekeepersite.com/

They have worked for me.

Good luck!

JC

I use the HT tote. It holds all of my gear (any combination of 6 rods or tip-ups, pliers, jig box, 2 extra spools of line, ice scoop and a few other things). While it may take me a little longer to put the rods away, it sure beats having to untangle them the next time out. It will not accommodate any rod and reel combos over 24 inches, so I don't think it would be practical for you (Adam).