No Truck

So I'm glad I pulled the boat out of storage early this year. My truck was just recalled and won't be back until April. So now I have the boat, but nothing to get it to the lake. :(

But say what you will about Toyota, but they are really taking care of me on this one. They need to replace the truck frame, so obviously the labor is intense. They are putting new brake lines in, changing fluids and alignment at no cost. I love my truck and am going to miss it for the next few weeks, but I know they will do a good job. The loaner I got won't tow a boat, but it does give me a break on the gas money :)

So if anyone needs a rider in the near future, let me know. I'm going to be itchin' to get out.

So I'm glad I pulled the boat out of storage early this year. My truck was just recalled and won't be back until April. So now I have the boat, but nothing to get it to the lake. :(

But say what you will about Toyota, but they are really taking care of me on this one. They need to replace the truck frame, so obviously the labor is intense. They are putting new brake lines in, changing fluids and alignment at no cost. I love my truck and am going to miss it for the next few weeks, but I know they will do a good job. The loaner I got won't tow a boat, but it does give me a break on the gas money :)

So if anyone needs a rider in the near future, let me know. I'm going to be itchin' to get out.

peter if you get the itch and need a tow i got 2 trucks that can pull your boat plus i am just down the road from ya.

I feel for ya. I got ran into last week when i was at the marina getting bait for an ice fishing outting. Came out and some Jack@$$ ran into the front of my truck and didnt leave a note or anything! Gotta take it in tomorrow night to the collision place and the adjuster will be there on Friday. Wont have it back till next week some time....GRRR Thank god for comprehensive coverage!!!

On the flip side, better now than June or July!

As far as brand, they all make good and bad units.

I bought a 98 4runner in 03. Bought it used. Was one of the better deals around at that time. Soon will have 250,000 km on it.

To be honest, all my vehicles have had issues. The current one isn't the best nor the worst, but my dealer is outstanding!!!

Everyone has their personal best choice.

As far as mine, I'm not sure what my next choice will be.

I've had two fords, 84 Bronco 2 and 87 F150.

Very disappointed in the first and moderately satisfied with the second.

Although the new models look very good and the dealer is convenient.

Was also satisfied with a 65 International Scout.

Too bad they are not made anymore.

Probably nothing wrong with a Dodge either, but I just never felt comfortable in one.

Overall GM vehicles have been the best for me.

Will that be my next one. Don't know for sure as the dealer is not convenient for me but the Silverado does look impressive.

Let you guys know when I pull the trigger on the next deal.

Other than fluid levels, I don't touch much under the hood or chassis. Between disposal fees, parts prices and special pricing from drive through lube shops, I don't bother anymore. Tire maintenance and rotation I still do myself.

When it comes to recalls, they all have their fair share. Just, IMO.

Way to go with the Ford Boltman. Have to get everything ready for the big water in the UP now. The ice is gone long gone. I will be towing it not too far with a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport. The Jeep was not made to tow as it really goes through the gas. I will have the boat out in the water in May for trout as the salmon never show up until July.