Time to introduce myself

Hey guys,

I've been a long time lurker with a few posts for about a year now and figured it was time to introduce myself. This site has been invaluable to me. It has helped me become a better fisherman this last year. So, thank you.

Anyway, I'm 25 years old and live in White Pigeon, MI. I mainly fish New Buffalo and St. Joe. I only have a 16' boat, but I go every weekend that the weather cooperates.

My addiction started one august evening in 2008 trolling near the harbor of Manistee with my father. All we had were two Okuma Magda combos with dipseys, and 2 spinning reels with dipseys and a handful of spoons. The first hit we got my father took the rod, and I watched him tighten the drag with a screaming reel and knew what would happen. 5 seconds later, snap! Iwas next up. The 7' spinning rod with 30lb braid went off. I could not believe the power of these fish. It took a few minutes, ended up with a sore arm and a 10lb king.

Ever since that night, experiencing the power of these fish, I knew bluegill fishing would never be the same again. So, I've slowly invested too much money into salmon fishing, but I am truly enjoying it.

I can't wait to get out for some spring coho.

Here is a picture of my boat.

2004 Smokercraft Stinger 161 with a 40HP Mercury.

DSCN1807-1.jpg

Jason,

Thanks for taking the time and doing an introduction. There is nothing like the sound of a big king smoking the drag, and hanging onto the rod.

I knew bluegill fishing would never be the same again. Isn't that the truth!

We look forward to seeing and reading your fishing reports this year! :thumb:

Welcome aboard this site has more free info than any other site on Lake Michigan. I was fishing out of a 15 footer that looked a lot like yours until I got another larger boat. Be careful these silver critters will hook you hard! If you get up to So.Haven call us on channel 69 or 11, MCsquared is the boat hope to hear u r catching all the fish u can handle.

Mike (Supertramp) Chamberlin

Boat name MC2

Welcome Jason.

like you I found this site and its been great ever since:D

GTR

ps i'm just down 12 from you...got a farm by shavehead lk.

that snowblower and skidloader forks in your pic just remind me of the work that needs done....oh well it will wait- it gettin time to fish!!!;)

Edited by GTRIEM
can't spell

Welcome aboard. remember one thing here. there is no dumb question about fishing. If it will you to enjoy the sport more ask. The guys on here are great and will take the time to answer unlike some of the other boards where you get bashed for asking a question.

Thanks for the comments on the boat fellas. It was the first major purchase I made when I got my job after college. I was still towing it with my truck I got when I was 16, a 95' Blazer. Just to show you fellas I had my priorities straight. :D

Priority1 is Priority1.:lol: