No more fishing in our future? Forget about the asian carp

Scary stuff, man! No more recreational fishing!?

"In spite of what we hear daily in the press about the President's concern for jobs and the economy and contrary to what he stated in the June order creating this process, we have seen no evidence from NOAA or the task force that recreational fishing and related jobs are receiving any priority."

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/saltwater/news/story?id=4975762

I am begining to think we getting past the letter writing point here. Guys there is months before we can vote any of these jerks out of the Senate and Congress with Obama in charge it could take decades to undo this mess if it can even be undone. Guys they talk about unity but they devide us up into little group and take turns pushing us around much like the British did before the revolutionary war. You see they keep nudgeing us along a very bad path. They smile and lie to us and when that does not work they attack from a differant angle. The America we grew up in is dead and gone our country has been overthrown and not a single shot has been fired. For our children and grandchildren I am sorry and ashamed.

A even scarier thought occurred to me a while ago. These guys in Washington really do want to throw away our constitution and start their own country either by bankrupting us as a nation or a cival war. Perhaps they beleive either way it goes there is a chance they can rewrite all the rules. This is the only place left on earth where a poor man can work hard and become rich. Their goal is a model more like europe where you have rich and poor and a very small middle class which are much closer to the poor than the rich. This is a vert elitist group who truely feel there know better than us and why should they not feel this way they have been in charge of educating our children for decades so they really only have a group of people between the ages of 40 and dead that have not been trained in the manner which they want. This started with seriously working on the college kids in the 50's and 60's with all the liberal ideals of how great we could all be if we lived as one. This is another attempt at failed policies we need to get involved with our local schools and see what they are teaching. The goal is to make us seperated because then they can pick us off one at a time. While we have worked hard they have formed thousands of groups each nibbling away at us. Even amongst our groups we see like the windmill issue that we are not a solid voice. If we who beleive we grew up in the greatest country on the planet do not unite and soon shame on us. What will we leave our kids and grandkids nothing but debt and stories about the good old days.

I totaly agree I am always up my kids teachers Butts when it comes in the teaching of history, and living by our constitution. I pray that we the people get off our complasent butts. (there are many men and women fighting for our rights) although we need more, I Hope it does not come to the point to another Civil War but I am ready if it does. Hopefully we can make some serious change come this November with fresh thoughts, and kick these carreer goat hurders the hell out.

Hold the phone, Read the editors comments-

ESPNOutdoors.com inadvertently contributed to a flare-up Tuesday when we posted the latest article in a series of stories on President Barack Obama's newly created Ocean Policy Task Force, a column written by Robert Montgomery, a conservation writer for BASS since 1985. Regrettably, we made several errors in the editing and presentation of this installment. Though our series has included numerous news stories on the topic, this was not one of them -- it was an opinion piece, and should have been clearly labeled as commentary.

And while our series overall has examined several sides of the topic, this particular column was not properly balanced and failed to represent contrary points of view. We have reached out to people on every side of the issue and reported their points of view -- if they chose to respond -- throughout the series, but failed to do so in this specific column.

This series started in October and has included several updates on how the creation of the task force and its actions could impact recreational anglers. ESPNOutdoors.com should have made it clear to all readers that this was part of a larger series, and -- even though this was Montgomery's opinion, and those of the sources quoted in the column -- we should have taken more care to fairly represent opposing arguments.

We do feel it is our duty to cover issues surrounding outdoor sports to the best of our abilities, and given the nature of this task force and the potential impact on all fisherman, this was an appropriate topic to address for our audience. We take seriously the tenets of journalism that require we take an unbiased approach, and when we make mistakes in the presentation of a story or a column, it is our responsibility to admit them.

Any confusion on that part rests entirely on my shoulders as the executive editor of this site.

We have appended the original column to note that it was in fact a commentary, and we will institute more rigorous editing safeguards in order to prevent such issues in the future.

it does state at the end of the original ESPN article that it is an opinion piece. That should have been stated in the original post from myself.

i personally do not like it regardless. special interest groups, no matter left or right wing agenda, always seem to prevail over the average joe.

I wonder if everyone who voted for this tool is still "Hoping for the Change" he blew up their ass. Im game for another civil war to take this country back from the jackass tree huggers that are running it into the ground at mach speed! To think people actually believe the crap spewing out of the blow holes of Washington! Hopefully come November the people of America will vote out the dead weight that has been screwing the American people for years!:angry2: