Removing equipment

O.k. first off I did not search for this, but I was just sitting here and I wondered; Do you guys remove your downriggers from your boats after each trip and take them home with you, or do you just leave them on and hope that they don't get ripped off. Same question for electronics, baits and other valuables.

I only had my boat for a few weeks before I shrink wrapped it and I removed everything each time, including rods and lures. It's kind of a p.i.t.a., and I eventually started leaving my Fish finder because its so old, no one would probably ever want it.

My boat is kept in a secure storage, and the equipment is all removed and stored in one of those "you lock and keep the key" places.

Well at least it was till some no good for nothin' bastiches cut the locks and emptied 9 units in the place, and of course mine was one of them ! ! ! !

From now on it will be stored here at home.

I keep my boat at a Marina called Deckers Landing. I can not keep it at home for more than 48 hours because it will not fit into my garage. If I try to keep it outside longer than 48 hours, the Association Nazi comes by and starts to hassle me.

What about the guys that keep thier boats slipped at a Marina? I was considering making some sort of anti-theft device so it would at least slow them down. For the most part my friend says the marina is pretty safe, but you never know.

What about the guys that keep thier boats slipped at a Marina? I was considering making some sort of anti-theft device so it would at least slow them down. For the most part my friend says the marina is pretty safe, but you never know.

The only time my gear stays on the boat is when I sleep on it. I remove all of my gear when I am done for the day. Its a pain in the a$$ putting everything on, and taking it off at the end of the day, but when I show up in the morning to go fishing, everything is there. The downriggers are mounted on removable basis. Disconnect the cord, pull the pin and slide the downrigger off.

The Boat Stays in a closed pole barn year round all the equipment stays on the boat and it is there when we go fishing,almost makes trailering the boat worth it.

side note:hardly a time out goes without us forgetting something but at least its not the fishing stuff

I keep my boat at a Marina called Deckers Landing. I can not keep it at home for more than 48 hours because it will not fit into my garage. If I try to keep it outside longer than 48 hours, the Association Nazi comes by and starts to hassle me.

Don't you love the fact that someone can tell you what you can and can't do on your own property? Just another reason why I could never live in town. I'm about to go out and burn a 10' tall stack of pine tree limbs. Can't do that in town.

The problem with associations is you actually don't ever own the property it is a single family condo with a yard you have to maintain. It is hard to find housing developments that are not setup as associations. Fantastic deal for the builder not so much for the buyer. We looked at several places the wife really liked but I would not sign the association papers. One we looked at was setup where the builder got 3 votes for each peice he still owned but only had to pay 1 share for each. This way he could sellover 1/2 of the units then vote in the final improvements which would pass the bill on to the other tenants. A friend of ours at the time bought one The builder waited till the last min to vote in new roads curb and gutter manditory concrete drive ways and setup up a 5 year maintaince contract for the roads and drives. The bill our friends got was for 22,000 dollars for their share. They could not come up with the money and lost their house. I had a Jewish doctor in Houston that lived in a Association down there and he told me he hated christmas because the association voted in manditory christmas decorations since he refused to put them up they fine him 2500 per year.

I live in a city, boat on trailer in my driveway blocked by my truck. Boat hitched up the night before I'm going. Rigg'rs, rods, tackle go in when I uncover it in the morning & all come out when I unhitch it & cover it in the afternoon everytime. Better to be safe than sorry.

i keep my boat at a marina called deckers landing. I can not keep it at home for more than 48 hours because it will not fit into my garage. If i try to keep it outside longer than 48 hours, the association nazi comes by and starts to hassle me.

Don't you love the fact that someone can tell you what you can and can't do on your own property? Just another reason why i could never live in town. I'm about to go out and burn a 10' tall stack of pine tree limbs. Can't do that in town.

exactly!

Deckers landing? first palce me and my dad fished when moved from the south up here, they use to have a awesome resteraunt there. Caught my biggest bas there great memories.

They rebuilt Ted's a few years after the original place burned down. They still have good food.

Guys I tend to agree with the whole association thing, however I did sign the papers so that ship has sailed. I don't like the rules most of the time, but the up side is that I don't have to look at some guys "rusted out, p.o.s., 1973 Colemen, pop-up camper". It may be the greatest thing since sliced bread to him, but to me it's an eye sore, and I am sure he think the same about my lovely boat.:D