Planar board night lights.

Have anyone ever run the chruch or the offshore lights for boards. I think that i will be picking some up when i go down to D and R sports. We are the guys who are usually the first ones to the ramp in the morning and we have to use a spot light to see where our boards are at. Some times we will put glow sticks on there but they can only be use once so im turning to the light lights.

i have used the offshore lights for a couple of years and like them.only downer about them is how long the watch batterys last,going to check out a set of the church light to try them out this year:grin:

I have a set of the Off Shore lights but don't use em they work but the batteries cost a ton and don't last very long. I put glow tape on my flags while it does not glow long enough or very bright you can find them with a spotlight very easy.

i use glow sticks. I found a place in frazier michigan that sells all the carnival glow stuff. You can buy in bulk and they are like 17 cents a piece for 4 inch sticks by the hundred. They only work once but are cheap enough. if i remember right shippiong was like 5 bucks and i had them the next day.

i use glow sticks. I found a place in frazier michigan that sells all the carnival glow stuff. You can buy in bulk and they are like 17 cents a piece for 4 inch sticks by the hundred. They only work once but are cheap enough. if i remember right shippiong was like 5 bucks and i had them the next day.

Aaron, do you have a web address for this company ?

Thanks, Bill.

Aaron, do you have a web address for this company ?

Thanks, Bill.

Yep its www.gloworks.com

or : http://www.gloworks.com/pdshop/shop/category.asp?catid=32

the price has gone up some. i have been getting the ones that are 12.50 a bag of 50 in the blue color. they are now 25 cents a piece and i dont see the hundrend count price break they used to have. I have flags on all my planer boards the offshore flags. I have also taken the churchs flags and drilled an extra hole in them to use on my offshore boards. their like 3 or 4 bucks at gander. then i zip tie the glow stick to the upright on hte flag and man are they visible. I have to order more this year and evan at 25 cents a piece it is worth the ease of finding my boards in the dark. One more note dont go with 6 inch they are WAY TO HEAVY.

another item i have been looking at trying are these. i have to get a couple and figure out how to adhere them to the boards. they are called a submersible floralytes. they are used in glass vaese to light the water in different colors. their cheap and look like you can replace the batteries. these are cheap like 2 to 3 bucks a piece if bought by a ten pack most places i have found on the web:

http://www.wholesaleflowersandsupplies.com/store/p/769-Submersible-Floralytes.html?feed=Froogle

http://www.afloral.com/Floral-Supplies/Candles-and-Accessories/Submersible-Floralytes-10-box-BLUE;jsessionid=0a010b441f43d65199661d774931837aafc84ab4348a.e3eSbNyQc3mLe34Pa38Ta38Lchb0

http://www.afloral.com/Floral-Supplies/Candles-and-Accessories?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=battery_candles&utm_campaign=battery_operated_candles_001

i saw these on another fishing web site that a guy was going to try out.

Edited by Line Dancin
add more info

I fish three walleye/church boards on a side before daylight. I have drilled the top of the plastic board and made a small hole were I insert one of the small reuseable bobber lights. The red ones that have a white plastic cap show up the best an it is amazing how far you can see them in the dark. No problem seeing them at all in the dark. Trick is to make sure you turn them back off as soon as board is pulled in or they stay on all day and wear the batteries out. You can also tape them to the top of your downrigger rods and its pretty exciting in the dark to see the red light popping up or jumping up and down. Good fishing Bob Paradox III

I fish three walleye/church boards on a side before daylight. I have drilled the top of the plastic board and made a small hole were I insert one of the small reuseable bobber lights. The red ones that have a white plastic cap show up the best an it is amazing how far you can see them in the dark. No problem seeing them at all in the dark. Trick is to make sure you turn them back off as soon as board is pulled in or they stay on all day and wear the batteries out. You can also tape them to the top of your downrigger rods and its pretty exciting in the dark to see the red light popping up or jumping up and down. Good fishing Bob Paradox III

Bob, Welcome to the site. If you get a chance introduce yourself in the welcome forum.:)

The boards do work very well, but as for lighting. Here on the eastside, we do a lot of walleye fishing afterdark and the way most guys go is with the glow sticks. You can buy packages by bulk. We commonly use the same glowstick for multiple nights of fishing for 4-6 hour trips. Once your done using the glow sticks, take them off and place them somewhere cold on the boat. When you get home put them immediately in the freezer. This is a great way to save money, as well as see your boards before daylight, or for some after daylight.

• 4 weeks later...