flashers or dodgers for coho

I will be fishing ST Joe in April,And I have a few questions on what type of flasher/dodgers that people use early in the year. I have a few old small LJ dodgers in orange. Besides that do you use regular 8" flashers or is there a smaller one that someone makes.

I like the z flashers in org or red ,blue or blue /gold flys.

The reson that i like this flasher better than most, is like said before it can be run at any speed and it flat CATCHES FISH!

Also i fish them from 2.5 to 2.9 on the gps.

• 9 years later...

Both flat (like LJ) dodgers and Z or bent dodgers will work - the 6" size is perfect down to about 35" deep. After that switch to larger ones. (In April in St. Joe you won't need to fish that deep.) I use a lot of Silver Streak Mini Flodgers. You only have one, make it a hot red. Two? Both hot red. Five? Get one yellow with orange dots but expect the hot red ones to out produce the Y-with dots version about 90% of the time. Other colors? They'll work but your red and Y/Dot models will never fail. 

So interesting how different the techniques are from coast to coast.  We are absolutely stuck on the 360 and triangle style flashers followed by a small 3.5 spinner or Brads cutplug stuffed with tuna, the dodgers are all but non existent over here 

I've got some of the triangle flashers to try out this year. I've used some of the Brad's cutplugs in the past and found them to be a pain to use and mostly don't catch fish. Perhaps if I try them in combination. I also have some Mack Attack triangles to try this year where you put the scent material in the flasher. I'm guessing they will be better for lake trout than salmon. On the other hand, I catch literally hundreds and hundreds of salmon each year (mostly coho) on small dodgers and trolling flies so I'm certainly not going to abandon that program.