Muskegon Summer Challenge Salmon Tournament

We are adding another award catagory for the biggest fish overall for our series Purple Taco Fly Supply has just put up a 125.00 big fish prize. This will go to the biggest fish of the season in the event of a tie the money will be split. This money is seperate from the daily big fish money for each event and will be presented at the final event. I would also like to point out Purple Taco has some great deals going including several material give aways so don't forget to support the great companies that are helping make this possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Well just a few weeks till the first event which is the Silver Streak Open and we are working out the details. Don and me have decided on a slight change in how we give out sponsor prizes all prize money will be paid down to roughly 25% of the field pay out will still be 100% of entry fees we are not keeping anything except the membership fee to cover our expenses. As it currently stands we need 40 boats to break even so this is not about us making anything never has been this was about running a fun event. In keeping with that plan we are taking all of the sponsor provided prizes for each event and will draw boat numbers for each prize every boat will have one entry and we will draw numbers till all sponsor prizes are given out. This gives everyone a couple ways to win something you can fish for dough or draw for prizes. Or even have a chance at both. Now for something else I have been working on which is still up in the air a bit as to who will show. I have asked all of our various sponsors to try and make a event if they can you will now see all of our events also have sponsor names. Here is the deal several of our sponsors are unable to fish by rule or due to not having a boat in the area. So here is my plan I would like a list of boats who can make room for a sponsor on their boat for each event some of this will be fairly last minute as scheduals can change. So we need good contact info for those who sign up for this. However what I am planning is simple if I have a sponsor able to make a event who cannot provide a boat or by rule can't fish we will draw boat names and put them on a boat as a observer who can fish and help you out as a team member with no restrictions. This means you could have a Pro Staff member on your boat helping you fish they can act as a full team member. So if you would like to have a chance to fish with a Pro and have some room on your boat for a event let us know and make sure we can contact you once we have a list of available seats we will draw names anytime we can get a sponsor here to ride along. One other advantage to having the sponsors at events is there is always a chance they could bring extra goodies along with them. I should have a complete list of sponsor prizes for each event sorted and ready by next week but as it currently stands we have a lot of cool stuff to pass out.

wish it wasnt so far up there for me and with only fishing out of a 18 footer it makes it alot harder to be able to commit that far in advance cause of the wether changes every 2 seconds. sounds like it would be a great time and maybe get some money or cool free stuff

nice work guys

I have 2 boats signed up for sponsor rides so far 7Mary3 and PulpFishin as of right now we don't have a comfirmation on a sponsor for the first event yet but are still working on it. My original plan was to have them ride with Don or me but did not want anyone to think we were giving ourselves a unfair advantage and thought it might be more fun for all involved if we let everyone have a chance at getting a ride along. By doing it this way it will be completely random and hopefully a good chance for guys to learn a thing or 2 on their own boat.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Sigg's package and man it looks great 30 flies lots of great colors going to make a lot of people happy. We will be giving out 6 flies per event along with other prizes so just a little over a week till the first event. This is going to be a lot of fun guys Personally I can't wait I want to go right now LOL.

10 days and we fish the first event the countdown is on. Final roll call will be at 0555 on May 8th in front of the pier prior to event start. Gentlemen prep your boats it is about to begin sharpen the hooks and pick your best lures we are going fishing.

Just left Fishsniffer's house we sorted the prize package for the first event. Wow that's a lot of stuff because this one is the Silver Streak open they kicked in some extra spoons so every boat will get a couple of spoons this is a bonus for this event so lets all make sure the sponsors know how much we appreaciate their support. We still have a couple of sponsor packs that have not shown up yet but no worries the first event prize package looks like a pirates chest as is. Again we are doing this as a fun event and when it is over there are going to be a lot of guys who wish they had fished in it. See you all next week Sat for the season opener let the fishing begin.

Well it appears Mother nature is making Sat morning look tough right now. So let me answer some questions I am sure many have 1st this is a fun event we will not fish in a small craft advisary so if it is posted for Sat morn they event will be canceled. At the moment it looks like Fri night will be the worst and it should be subsiding during the day on Sat. My and Dons number are on all the flyers and my number is on the website plus I will add it here 231-670-2879 I really would like to get some sleep Fri night so don't call me before 4:30 Sat morn please. Anyhow we will need a vote of those who are willing to fish Sun verses the idea of waitng till the following weekend personally my wife will understand if I fish on Mothers Day but I know not everyone can say that. I will be at the Muskegon Charter Assn seminar Thur night if anyone wants to meet up. SInce the weather report is wrong more than right unless a small craft advisary is set for Sat morn final decision will be made at or prior to roll call. I know this makes it tough for guys who are pulling their boats over here but many times I have seen a event canceled because of a weather report only to have it be a better day than the blow date. We can and may delay the start a couple of hours since the weater is supposed to be improving so we may delay the start up till 9 am which would still give everyone a 3 hour fishing period. Comments welcome thanks

Weather Call and will be made tommorrow night right now it looks bleak unless this front stalls or changes direction soon.

Here are our options if the weather man is correct we can

A: fish on Sunday which is mothers day and I lose part of my crew but can fish it or

B: Make the next event a 2 day event and fish the 1st and second back to back on the same weekend.

The way I see it we have 10 days set on the calander for this season and need to fish 5 of them to complete the series. Of the people I have talked to so far it is only about half are able to fish on Sunday. Myself I blocked out all of the event weekends so I can fish either day or both any of them. Don and me need some input guys so call or resond asap.

We are going with Plan B we will fish two events on the next weekend one on Sat and one on Sun. We are having a captains meeting at Papa Bears resturant on Apple ave tommorrow Sat May 8th at 10 am are are incouraged to attend so we can go over details and answer any questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hard to beleive it has been 5 months since we kicked this off but here we are and about to do a double event since the first one was blown out. The weather report looks good so we will fish both days and rumor has it there are fish to be found so tie them knots tight and sharpen them hooks cause we are about to tear em up. Will do a roll call on ch 72 at 05:45am anyone who has not mailed in their waiver and entry form can take care of it at weigh in. LETS GO FISHING !!!!!!