Muskegon Summer Challenge Salmon Tournament

For those who wondered what happened to the GLFTT it kinda disolved so to speak. The are no hard feelings Mike, Don and Myself are still friends there was no fight or arguement the simple fact is we found ourselves going down differant paths. Mike is and has been working hard on other projects and was really only able to provide Don and me with a starting point. So rather than keeping Mike and his website tied up Don and I have agreed to carry on under a new name. That is the Muskegon Summer Challenge Salmon Tournament (MSCST). This is a similar tournament to Mikes only it is a 1 port only event. For those who want to try a major pro am event and wonder how you would do this is a great place to work on your team. There are still a few final details to work out and we are open to suggestions so feel free to comment. Here is the basic idea 9 lines, Shotgun start at 6am from the pierhead, Keep up to 15 legal fish, weigh your best 10, Open communication event, Launch anywhere you choose, Chk in at 1:15 manditory, weigh in at 1:30. 10 dollar membership, 30 dollar per event, break down of event money is 5 dollars goes to big fish, 5 dollars goes towards the port championship, 20 dollars pooled for event winners. All event money paid out 100% and will pay down 20% of the field in cash and prizes. Prizes are being donated by sponsors and I am still working on what I can line up. We are planning 5 events with the boat with the most points being named port champion. The breakdown on port championship money will be 50% for 1st place plus any sponsor prizes 30% for 2nd place plus any sponsor prizes and 20% for 3rd place.

10 points per legal fish plus weight for total points.

Website for more info is www.mscst.com

facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=349195759401

This is going to be a fun event geared at preparing you to fish the big events I am working on have a couple of the events being sponsor theme'd with the idea of getting the sponsors to show up and hopefully bring goodies to share. Also look for more info on this and a possible article on us in Great Lake Angler magazine.

Sounds like a good time, these events are an excellent way to get the blood flowing for a tournament yet not break the bank to compete. You learn TON from these things. Good luck and I may hop aboard a boat in this tournament for the laughs and fun times.

That is the plan Andy no real pressure to win on a 4 man team you lose 7.50 ea for a day of fishing that s like what a couple of beers nowadays. Can't even stop a McDonalds on the way back from fishing for that. 30 boats in would pay out roughly

1st 250

2nd 140

3rd 100

4th 70

5th 40

6th a lure package or other sponsor provided gift.

plus would have a big fish of 150 bucks and 150 put in the port championship fund to be paid out at the final event. I don't think we will get 30 boats but we could and 30 boats for 5 events puts 750 in the port championship fund which would pay

375 for 1st

225 for 2nd

150 for 3rd

Plus any sponsor prizes one I have going is a full day guided river float trip for 2. I am also working on member only discounts from some of the sponsors. I am not pushing the sponsors very hard right now as far as having big demands for one reason many of them are in the same boat we are in there is not a lot of money to go around and they have to see return on their investment. This means us supporting them as well.

Hey guys I sure would like to see a few more boats signed up we are getting a pretty good list of sponsors going and most of them are planning on using our sign up sheets as a idea of how much stuff they need to provide. Is a simple thing more boats equals more sponsor interest. Don and myself are not doing this to make a profit we hope the membership fee's will cover our costs that is it. All sponsor provided items will be awarded at events. These guys are not sponsoring me they are sponsoring the events. Once everything is gathered I will post a list of what all the sponsor prizes are and how they will be awarded. All tournament entry fees will be paid out 100%. Here is a list of current sponsors.

Captain Gary's

Bauer Sheet metal

Alltimit Fishing Guide Service

Siggs Riggs

Papa Bears Resturant

Great Lakes Angler Magazine

Silver Streak Lures

I am hoping to add a couple more at the fishing show

This is going to be a lot of fun and I really want everyone to enjoy it.

This just in I am running out of space on my website for sponsors LOL no really I just want everyone to know that I had a great chat with Lance from Z Boards this evening and welcome them as our newest sponsor. We are going to work out the final details at the Grand Rapids Show. In any event we are getting a lot of great response from sponsors and I really think this is going to become a don't miss set of events.

Updates

boats in so far

1 maniac

poor boy

fishsniffer

dave mull

7mary3

high seas

charlies angel

Current sponsor list

Captain Gary's

Siggs Riggs

Papa Bears resturant

Z Boards

Altimit Fishing Guide Service

Bauer Sheet Metal and Fabrication

Silver Streak Lures

Great Lakes Angler Magazine

Pro Troll

Flatline Outfitters ( Tenitive )

Silver Horde

I am pretty stoked to say the least we are getting great response. So now heres the next problem we have more sponsors signed up than boats. I would hate to see you guys miss out on the chance to win all this stuff. Other than the membership fee everything is paid out to event winners. So a challenge to everyone try and keep me from winning any of the cool stuff.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

boats in so far

1 maniac

poor boy

fishsniffer

dave mull

7mary3

high seas

charlies angel

my ty

i just want to reiterate that all cash and prizes will be paid back to the entrants..as soon as we can we will get a list of all the sponsor donations so you can see exactly what we have.we tried working this schedule around as many other events as possible.a couple events we have are just before the g.h offshore and the muskegon salmon shootout.so this would be a great prefish for those events and a chance to win some gas money for it.looking forward to fishing and talking b.s with you guys.

I need some input as we have a couple choices as to weigh in location. I have approval to use either one both have plus's to consider. First off Don and I are both planning on launching out of Grand Trunk we will have a breif sign up and meeting for those who want to sign up at the last min or use that launch. I have approval to use the Grand Trunk launch for our weigh in it took a while to get in contact with the right person to set it up as I was going thru Leisure services and they don't take care of that launch. Opps on my part to wait for over 2 weeks for a answer from the wrong department. Second while waiting for a answer from the wrong dept I made several other inquires. So today I got approval from Dockers Fish house to use their docks and do weigh in there. They are very cool about the idea and welcome us to weigh there however they are a little unsure how much dock space they will have for the Jul 3rd event but if they were full we could still weigh at Grand Trunk launch. Dockers is a very nice place to meet after fishing quick and easy to get to by boat. Also they sell food and beer something much in demand after a hard day of fishing. It also fits my approach of supporting Muskegon fishing and what it has to offer. So I am going to try this as a vote let me know which you guys prefer.

Don and I are both in agreement we like either one and to us both have plus's and minus's. So think it over and respond to this post with a answer.

I am stoked came home from work today to find a box waiting on me. It was the Silver Horde sponsor package. All I can say is WOW These are really nice packages actually way to nice for what I planned on. Once we get all the sponsor stuff together we will sort it out and see how it best fits. I would love to leave these intact as single prizes and if we get enough stuff to do it and be fair to all involved we will. Actually I was thinking 1 for me 1 for Don and 3 as prizes LOL. But thats not how I work ( damn morals ) so as I have said all along every single sponsor item will go out as a prize in this tournament. So here is the first booty list to go in the prize chest.

5 Silver Horde flasher bags

10 Ac Hi Plugs

10 6in plugs

10 Ace Hi flies

10 4in plugs

and a stack of Silver Horde catalogs

These are currently packaged as 5 units I listed the contents seperatly in case we have to break them up to make things more even for everyone involved. Our original plan was to have a bunch of smaller lure packages mixed in the payout so that hopefully everyone would win something during the season. Because I have not put any sponsorship requirements on any one and pretty much letting each sponsor determine what they feel they can to help the event. If the rest of our sponsors come thru like this all I can say is WOW. I put some pics of one of the packages on our facebook page. Again guys this is a completely open and honest event as sponsor stuff comes in it will be posted and every thing will be awarded as prizes as much as I want this stuff the only way I get it is to win it just like you guys.

things are looking great guys..we talked to some people at the sport show this weekend..z boards is gonna give us some sets of boards..(ever have a problem pulling heavy copper?look at the big daddy boards..problem solved) and in true silver streak fashion they want to make sure they take care of the average everyday fisherman..i am going to email chip from ss before each tourney and he will send us a package based on entrants and such...this is gonna be a hell of a good time guys..the new weigh in board is made,the scale showed up the other day and we are set to go..cant wait to see you guys at the first event