GPS info

trucktramp

Garmin GPSMAP76 is a nice handheld that you can connect to your radio for the DSC function and use anywhere you want. I have a older GPS76 that I still use even though I have a GPS plotter fishfinder combo because I can use the GPS76 just for GPS only and leave the fish finder in split screen with mostly fish finder showing. I also like that I can take the Garmin in my car and other boats and get a lotof uses out of it.

I have a Garmin handheld (E-Trex) and it works great, however for the boat I wanted a larger, fixed screen, so I ended up getting a used Garmin. I forgot the model number ( gpsmap 320 I think), but I really like the 7 inch screen even thought the resoultion is not great.

It seems to work well and for 200 bucks it is a good place to start for me.

I don't know what your budget is but this is a good deal.

Garmin makes the best GPS units in the industry hands down. They have recently came out with their new version which the main difference is NMEA2000 capability. But now these units are on closeout. It comes pre programmed with the US inland lakes charts and the 535 is the higher resolution model of the 530. It also has 3d chart capabilities with the G2 Vision chips and also will do satalite weather and radio with an accesory antenna.

Retail - $900

Sale - $449 THATS LESS THAN HALF FOR A BRAND NEW UNIT

There is a very limited quanity so its while supplies last

Here is a link to the product brochure for more information:

http://www.calumetmarine.com/images/products/garminchart.pdf

NOTE: This is not the combo unit, meaning NO SONAR.