Gun Hunting For Deer

caznik

Ok Hunters,

Its the opening day of gun season for deer. What kind of gun do you use when you go out gun huning and why.

I use to use this Reminton 870 Exspress with a Simons scoop on it.

870_exp_deer[1].jpg

But now after Sarah C talked me into it, I now use my new muzzle loader just because its more like going out bow hunting and only getting one shot in. Just its more challanging to me now and have more fun hunting deer with a gun.

This is my new Knight 50 cal. Disc Exsteam with a stainless steel barrel and with the laminated stock.

LRH707F.jpg

a30484lg.jpg

Thomson Hawken 50 Cal. Cap Lock

i210073sq06.jpg

1858 New Army Texas .44 Caliber Revolver

Like I said in the Bow Hunting thread "I'm a traditionalist.â€

I’ve been working on a Thomson Hawken 50 Cal. Flint Lock that I would like to use this year.

berreta 390al loaded up with the old win. super x slug or like larry said the bps 10 bore for blowing through the big brush

but if im up to the cabin the trusty old weatherby vanguard with a leupold 3 by 9 by 40 chamberd in 300 win. mag

I used a Remington 870 Wing Master in 12 gauge with slug barrle for years. After 2 neck operations the doctor told me no more heavy recoil type shooting so I now use a Thompkin Center Black Diamomd in 50 cal. Have to get a new scope, knocked the cross hairs out of the old one.

Rifle Country!!!, I love it!!!

I usually stand in front of the gun cab. scratchin my head.

Remington 30-06, Winchester 30/30, Both with 3-9X40 Sportview scopes, CVA Hawken, CVA Missouri, I think their both .50cal, 1 with a scope, 1 with Lyman sites, and a .45 cal pistol.

A single shot 20 gauge, and a .22, for varmint control.......

Started with a 30-06 in my youth. Then moved up to a 7 Mag because I used it out west. Won a 270 WSM in a raffle and used that one year. Then moved to a 700MLS for a few years and now a .44 Super Red Hawk. Took my first deer with the Red Hawk last year. I'll continue to use that for hunting in the swamp and the ML for more open country.

I got scared one year because shooting the deer with a rifle left me feeling un excited. That's when I moved to the ML and eventually the Handgun. It brought more excitement to the actual shot.

I wish I could bring my handgun up with me this year to ontario for bear hunting.:(

When I got hunt here, I like to give the deer a chance during gun season. Here is a picture of the Beretta AL391 Urika Gold(Silver Receiver) that I use for deer hunting.

Beretta.jpg

You would not believe how well it throws a slug! I use Winchester x-2 slugs. I use the gold bead on the end of the field barrel for a site.

If I am heading out west, I take my 270 WSM Browning A-Bolt with a 6x18 Leupold. I like to give them a chance :D