Waterfowl Hunters

GLF

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Too deep,

Looks like the duck season opener will be Oct. 7 in the South zone. Rumors of the regular goose season starting that weekend also. These are the recommendations from CWAC to the DNR and the feds. Personaly I would like a little later opener but with the freze out last year some poeple are getting all freaked out.:confused:

Yeah it was pretty tough going last year. I did a lot of ice breaking. I am frantically trying to finish my layout boat for the bay. I just moved here 3 years ago and I can't take it any longer. I have about 100 flight decoys. Anybody with some tips on where to go on the bay? I am somewhat familiar with it.

too deep,

We usually hunt off the west side of the bay. Marshes around Linwood and Pinconning. We see and hear guys hunting open water out there. I know a lot of guys hunt the east side also. I think if you get out to open water the divers are usually there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I went to one of my spots yesterday at dusk and had 150 or so geese fly by headed to the night roost! Im lickin my chops !Cant wait to wack some honkers!The only thing better than a flock of geese setting up on my spread is a king rippen out my Drag!

• 1 month later...