Great Lakes Fisherman Monthly Outing

DIRTY DOG

If your fishing the shelf in the midsummer/fall theres is gonna a ton of boats on the shelf plain and simple. The ludington/manistee guys learn to fish around ita nd not be stupid about it and put out 450 coppers. The way i look at If you dont like boats dont fish the shelf and and put 15 rods out.

I like the shelf area also. The way I look at it is fish Mon-Fri.:lol: I like to fish some events on the weekends, just to make me appreciate the Mon-Fri fishing. :)

i HATE fishing a port for fun when a tourney is going on. We almost got ran over two years ago off holland when they took off. there was no consideration by a couple pro boats for guys that were out there fishing already. i may try and make a couple of the local outings depending on work.

• 2 weeks later...

Terry since the Aug 21 date is also a MSCST date I see Don has offered to let us meet at his house but I also have permission from Dockers to use their resturant and bar for our weigh ins. They also offered to provide a buffet for members of our group at a 10 dollar per person cost. I don't know if we want to do that but I am pretty sure we could all hang out there for the afternoon and is a pretty cool setup as you can drive the boat right up to their docks. If all goes well we will be crowning a port champion that day and it could easily turn into a pretty big party. So lets hook em up and have some fun.

For the Ludington date we are currently planning on fishing the Ludington tourney WHich I beleive is closed communication so would not be able to say hi on the radio but feel free to give out as much info as you can as I can still listen . I have not fished Ludington in many years so may be a expensive field trip for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the site curt , the what fors are all on the first page of this thread, if you have any questions send me a pm.

Keep in mind this is not a tournement, just a group of guys getting togather to have fun.

Thanks, for the welcome.Will be there.Not good at this computer stuff daughter is showing me how.Glad to here it is not a tourney.To have fun etc. no pressure fishing,is what I enjoy most.

Whenever there is money on the line, people become competitive and they stop sharing information on the radio.