Great Lakes Fisherman Monthly Outing

DIRTY DOG

Well, now that all the tournament dates have been set, I will put up the dates for the Great Lakes Fisherman Outings.

Like I stated before these will be a fun meet and greet type of thing where , kinda like the one that GLF did in South Haven last spring.

There will be no rules , you can run any thing you wish and keep as many fish as you wish, as long as you stay within MI. state laws.

Here are the dates and ports I came up with, if there is any issues let me know, and we will figure some thing out.

1. April 17 ,this will be st joe or south haven and a majority rule kinda thing
  2. May 15 Holland
  3. June 5 and 6 will be in Ludington
  4. July 17 and 18 Manistee
  5. August 21 Muskegon
  6. September 18 is open for suggestion

This is just the dates and ports im thinking of , and any of it can be changed if need be like manistee in August and muskegon in July.

Im just trying to match the ports with the best bite, and if there is plenty of interest I may do one on october as well.

Any how , let me no what ya think and what i can do differant, and dont hold back.:)

Also the events that are in ludington and /or manistee I will put togather a fish fry for those that would like , it will be at what ever campground I will be staying at on those weekends.

These will be all blue gills and crappie. A any one that comes to the event is more than welcome.

Manistee is liberal about letting you sleep in the parking lot. I have done it before. There is also a nice State Campground. I like the Insta-Launch Campground. If you do stay @ Insta-Launch don't even think about Launching there. Launch at the City Launch near the mouth of the Manistee River.

ill try to convince the ol man to fish it should be a fun tournment. Terry have you came up with a place to weigh fish in at in ludington.

Hey Matt, like phil said these are not tournements, just a bunch of use getting togather for the day to catch a BUNCH of fish and maybe hang out after words.

Sounds like a great time Terry. I will try and make as many as possable, maybe we could even assembly the super crew for a couple:eek:

The SUPER CREW thing sounds like a lot of fun, the only one that will not work is the one in manistee, becouse i think part of the crew is a for sure already , thanks Frank its going to be a BLAST.:D

these are not torments they are just fish and hang out after
Hey Matt, like Phil said these are not tournaments, just a bunch of use getting together for the day to catch a BUNCH of fish and maybe hang out after words.

Dose this mean that the Dog and the Plumkrazy are going to allow us to follow them around all day?fishing.gif

Also the events that are in ludington and /or manistee I will put togather a fish fry for those that would like , it will be at what ever campground I will be staying at on those weekends.

These will be all blue gills and crappie. A any one that comes to the event is more than welcome.

i would be willing to do the same thing at my house for the muskegon event..i live less than 5 miles from muskegon lake..let me know if youre interested

Heres a question, as phil said july17 and 18 is the ludington pro am.

Do any of you guys that fish up this way think it will be a issue, if so the next date that would work would be the weekend of july 31.

I need your input.

i my self dont like to fish out of any port that is having a big tourney,to much boat traffic.on the other hand most of the tourney boats were off shore last year,14 plus miles out from the point fishing the temp breaks.we were 17 miles off shore 26 miles from manistee and there must have been 75 boats out there with us.i would lean more towards the 31st:grin:

If your fishing the shelf in the midsummer/fall theres is gonna a ton of boats on the shelf plain and simple. The ludington/manistee guys learn to fish around ita nd not be stupid about it and put out 450 coppers. The way i look at If you dont like boats dont fish the shelf and and put 15 rods out.