Linwood Rd 2-21

Tried the night bite off Linwood tonight, well nothing to show for it. Moved several times, tried 20 -23 fow and never marked a fish tonight. Going to try it again Thursday weather permitting. Had good ice the ice road looked iffy in some spots so I satyed off to the side. Water was clear I could see my jig and minnow 15 ft down. The wind did pick up and a lot of people were coming in early.

Tom

Saturday was good for some, not for us. Left out of Patterson 0-dark-thirty, first stop N of the island 15.5' water. Gave it 2 hours with nothing, could see lure on bottom. Moved out next to dumping grounds 20.5' water. I got one 22", went 1 for 3 then all died. Buddy caught a fishstick and lost another.

Will be back up thursday, haven't decided wheather to go to mouth or back out. Guess the weather will decide.

Nice catch alleyes. Some solid fish there. Had mine last night for dinner, hard to beat fresh eyes.

Had a good time all weekend out there. The weather cooperated and fished with about a dozen friends on Saturday. I think all of us caught at least one. Not sure how Adam Bomb ended up I didn't see him after our feast at noon,I did run into his Dad back on shore and I think he ended the day with three.

I tried a new area looking to strike gold, but didnt do too hot Steve. Was about 2 miles east of you guys. Marked about 6 fish out there and got a couple. Rick had a little flurry and pulled some fish quick. Other than that, pretty slow. Shoulda came back in there for the evening bite, but im always looking for more more more. Stayed the night at base camp, wow whatta wild night. Didnt get to bed till 2 am, the shrimp boil rocked again. Got up at 5:45 am, left base camp at 6:15 and headed out to where we fished Saturday morning with the group. Fished a couple hours and got 3, lost 2 and then headed back to help tear down base camp. Sad day to be sure, wish we could leave it up all year long. Great times.

Fished this evening in the blizzard. Snow drifts abosultely suck out there. Worked the heck outta the Honda. It was worth it though. Ended up landing 9 eyes and a whitefish and lost WAY too many. I hate jiggin raps!!!!

Trying to get things together for the last trip of the year before I leave for Florida. Looks like I will be over your way again this weekend Adam. If so I will let ya know. I sure like that area where we were with Joe on Saturday....

Cool, let me know Steve. I like the area i fished tonight. More fish and they wanna bite. None of that lookin b.s.!!! I also think a decent percentage of the fish out deep are not walleye. Theyre nature just doesnt fit. Guess i should get a camera. Seems walleye will normally stick around a bit and look it over if they dont bite. Not that mark the fish, move the bait and theyre gone. Hell, they were shying away from a minnow on a hook whatever was down there. Tongiht was mark fish and fish on!!!

Sunday evening i had a huge mark come through when i was out in the south end of the black hole. I looked down expecting to see a big gar only to see a BIG walleye. Had to got 8-10# easily. So, i jigged up there awhile, but nadda.:rolleyes:

Had a fun morning. Landed 7 eyes and one had bling.