wire or copper

The differences in the two are wire is used for dipsie and copper is not. Copper is used the same way as lead core to target a certain depth. the reason people are going to copper is that the sink rate is about double to lead core. So what this means is that instead of having to use 300 ft of 27 lb lead core to reach 40 ft 150 of copper will do the same thing. Some of the pros also claim it gives off a harmonic vibration like wire or the cable on your downriggers give off that the fish feel. i have switched almost primarily to copper and seem to be producing more fish than with the lead core. I also run two dipsies all the time and if the dipsies are really firing than i may drop in two more for a total of four in the water. if you are looking at something to run dipsies i wouldn't reccommend copper for the job.

Definately go with a wire for the other diver but as for copper it is a must to have especially when targeting the deeper water columns. Depending on what you have set up for lead core - go with copper to achieve greater depth salmon. One of my favorite coppers to run in the summer is the 300 and 450 coppers. Deep big kings. The 450 should get you to 100' plus for depth. If you research the copper a bit you will notice that it sinks quite a bit faster but it is NOT 2x the depth as leadcore for the same length segments.