Kicker Mounting Questions???

I put that same motor on my boat last year. A real sweet running engine, sounds like a sewing machine. As far as setting it up make sure you get a quality mount. These motors are heavy and I have seen and heard of other mounts cracking and failing in a short period of time. I feel the only way to go is with a Panther, i have one and have NO complaints. Since the Prokicker has power trim you really dont need a mount that tilts as well. As far as everything else goes go with Merc or Quicksilver parts for the throttle and shift cables as well as the control box. Not really any thing groundbreaking just buy quality parts to begin with and it will last as long as you have the boat. As far as the fuel many run off an auxiliary tank so as if the main tank fuel gets contaminated you will be able to get back to port. I myself prefer to just run it off the main tank with a filter just because I have no good spot for a aux. tank. That is a choice you will have to make, either will work though.

Paul,

I just went to Happy Days in Port Clinton and got everything ordered. I ended up getting a new 2007 Yamaha 9.9 high thrust from them for $2400. Bass Pro just wouldn't deal any on the merc. pro-kicker and you dont get bass pro reward points when you buy a motor or boat from them. which kind of ticked me off. But anyways i am getting the kicker installed and out the door for $4750. That includes the panther mounting bracket and the panther t4 electro steer.

todd

Sounds like you will be all set. I know the Yamahas are good engines and people seem to be happy with them. I really lucked out on mine. I found a used setup, used one season, that someone had just purchased the boat with the kicker already installed and didn't want it. So I got it for 2600 installed with everything through a Merc dealer (2100 motor and controls, 500 labor and misc. parts to install). Cant even tell the motor was used from looking at it.

Paul,

I just went to Happy Days in Port Clinton and got everything ordered. I ended up getting a new 2007 Yamaha 9.9 high thrust from them for $2400. Bass Pro just wouldn't deal any on the merc. pro-kicker and you dont get bass pro reward points when you buy a motor or boat from them. which kind of ticked me off. But anyways i am getting the kicker installed and out the door for $4750. That includes the panther mounting bracket and the panther t4 electro steer.

todd

Thanks for the heads up. Wow, that is more than I paid for my boat.;)

Look into a Controll King throttle controller. It saved my sanity! I can adjust the speed in ONE TENTH OF A MILE PER HOUR increments with this thing...I also have the factory Honda control box at the helm.The Controll King does NOT interfere with the normal operation of the kicker! It was roughly $180. Worth it!!!