Fairport, MI Sunset

Poverty Gap

101_0672.jpg

This pic was taken about 30minutes before the worst storm I have ever been on the water for. I hesitate to say I was scared...but Nervous as hell forsure! The fish were biting and we decided to stay....boy did we pay!

Great pics Big Tuna! I'll see ya down there next Summer! :)

Poverty Gap

This pic was taken about 30minutes before the worst storm I have ever been on the water for. I hesitate to say I was scared...but Nervous as hell forsure! The fish were biting and we decided to stay....boy did we pay!

Great pics Big Tuna! I'll see ya down there next Summer! :)

Did it happen to be 6-28-08? Here is a picture of us leaving port. Probably wasn't the smartest thing. Had to hide behind Big Summer until it passed.

picture.php?albumid=105&pictureid=225

If you like drunken idiots playing bumper boat all night long its the place to be!!!

JR

Hey JR, We resemble that remark. We just usually don't join in the game at the end of the night. I only have one point against my license down there and it was only a couple inch scratch:D I have seen some carnage though WOW!!

Sunset off the tip of summer down in fairport taken north of point Detour....Fish on! yeah the rod popped and i didn't see it until after the pic and then i lost it!

l_83a28325e5674bd9986d07c48cb318dd.jpg

I was thinkin that might be you :D

Do ya know of any other safe havens for a boat for a coupla weeks down there ? we've been able to schedule around all to "festivities" the last few years, this year looks like we are going to be there during the Russle Spencer. Drop me a email .. Thanks .. John

GREAT Shot Mike!

I can see my Truck and tent across the street in my usual spot! Nothin beats 3 hours of sleep each night on an air mattress, with four wheelers ripping by all night long and the sound of screamin drags playing in my head!

Man, this thread is killin me!! Come on Spring!!:)

Those are some cool pics Mike...thanks for sharing them. That place seems like the end of the earth, but i sure do love seeing that little green fairport sign for the first time every year!!

Maybe you should try to sell those to dick for some of his high dollar dock space:grin: