Magnetic White Board

Call it Winter blues, to much time on the weekend in February, or just planning for a great summer.

I had a couple times last summer after a few barely pops:p, trying to recall :confused:what lure we had down on each rod.

Now I did not keep a log last summer, but I do plan on keeping one for this coming.

Picture of log

log_sheet.jpg

Logs are great, but the way I setup my sheet would be fish caught, not what is in the water or has been in the water.

So, I took pictures of each spoon, flasher, dodger, & j-plug that I currently own.

lure_sheet.jpg

I printed those out in color and laminated the sheets to help protect them from the weather. Each item is about ½ to ¾ wide and 2†long. I glued a piece of sheet magnet to the back side of each picture.

I store the magnetic picture sheet with the lure.

I bought a 9x14†magnetic white board for $6

My plan is to use the white board as reminder of what is in the water. Since it is a white board I could also quick write the time that lure went into the water.

white_board.jpg

Its big enough to read, yet small enough to fit up on the dash.

:grin:

this is what happens when an Engineer who learns to fish...

I like the whiteboard concept. God knows my memory fails me when I have the riggers down and the big boards out. Unfortunately the picture thing would be too much as I have way too many lures to catalog that way. But the magnetic strips I could use to write on the lure type/color and when one hits on the board lines it would be easy to slide them to their respective position so I knew where each lure was in the string.

Isn't winter great for trying to organize you summer:grin: