Slide Divers

Nailer

I really like them for my high divers. I run them on 30lbs fireline. The big thing that i like about them is the fact that i can run long leads on my divers. When the fish are kinda spooky i can fish a spoon back 50ft then set the diver. I dont run the lite bite system i have the ones with the out it. The reason that i like them the most is there a little tricky to use at first but once you do it a few times its really easy. I mean come on i was 12 when i started running slide divers.

They definitely work, but you have to leave it on the rod. The advantages are that you can adjust your lead length to what ever you want it to be and more (6) adjustments to to take it out to the side. On days when stealth is required, you can use them more efficiently because of the longer lead. They are great for walleyes for this reason as well. I also think they work better with mono than braid because mono dia. is larger and they lock down on the mono easier. I keep two rigged on mono during the summer months to use as high divers on the outside of my braid divers if I want to run two per side or to swap in if my divers and riggers won't fire during daylight. To help set the line hang a large snap down from the body of your tip guide to hold the wire on the diver. By doing this you can feed out line without holding the diver in your hand, which normally requires two people. Hope this helps.

They are usually the best rods on my boat, and with the exception of wire divers, they have completely replaced dipsys on my boat! They do everything a dipsy will do, and much more. The best thing is the adjustable lead legnth behind the disc. I usually run between 10-100 feet behind the disc depending on the bait. You can also get heavier weights for them to use them deeper in the water column later in the year. Netting is also much easier than a dipsy because the fish isnt 8-10 feet behind the diver., its only a foot or two.

Lite Bites are very nice! They can be run without the "arm" as well just as the original ones, but its a nice option to have. On rough days I can use a lot of tension on the diver so it dosent break free on big waves, but it still only takes a light pressure from a fish strike to release it. When storing, I just use a piece of velcro strap to tie the diver to the rod and keep it from moving. Its really not that big a deal.

When setting them out, I hold the rod in my LEFT hand. I open the bail, (clicker on) and let the disc down until I can grab it with my LEFT fingers. Holding the rod and the disc in my left hand, I can set the counter on the reel and begin to strip line from the diver with my right hand. When I get the lead legnth that I want, I lock the diver down, and then lock the bail to the reel. I let go of the diver and let it swing back while I reel the diver right to the tip of the rod. I reset the counter again, and set out the whole rig in the water. Feed out desired amount of line, and Lock n' Load!

Once you get used to them, you'll never want to be without them! They can be used for all species of fish while trolling and are very versitile. Get any color you want.......as long as it CLEAR!!!

Fairport0831.jpg

I run them on 40lb. Power Pro with a 3' leader of 17lb. Seagur Floro. after the diver. Keep the drags loose!

The dive curve is similar, but they dive slightly LESS than a dipsy with the original weights. You can get heavier weights for them to have them dive quicker, as well as adding a "mag" ring if you like.

Since most of the time I run them as a "stealth" set-up, I dont mind having more line out to acheive depth because it puts it further from the boat.

You can also turn the weight 90 degrees on the disc so it stays really shallow but can be let out 100' or more. Great for spring/fall fishing.

Slide divers in my oppion are the most versitle and put more fish in my boat when I am fishing water less than 80 feet of water, and they only diver I use on lake Erie. One thing to remember when fishing clean skinny water is the cone of Disturbance caused from your boat, that will push fish out to the side and then return back to center after you pass by, Thats why Slide divers work so well because of the long leads you can run, I run an average 50 feet lead from my lowest slide diver, and some times up to 100 on the high diver that is killer for steelhead. You can run a slide diver on a 6 setting and the diver will track true, one thing that is not possiable with a fixed diver unless you run a 30 feet lead, the distance from the diver to the bait act as a rutter I like to run a 4oz weight on the lowe diver, and standard 3oz weight on the high diver, and in Lake Erie I run the 2oz weight. I have worked with Slide Diver since there conception, and help with the development of the Lite bite feel free to contact me for an arsnal of tactics that can be applied running Slide divers.