Linwood 2 Feb

Well ill tell ya the bite has been nothing shore of a steam rolling lately. Damn the fish are furoucious!!! Ice is pretty good at 10-15" depending on where you are. You can get out to 10-15' from Linwood South depending on where you are. Theres a crack to contend with about a mile and a half out. Its workign daily and is changing. Beyond the main pack ice i checked it on Monday and i broke through with one good whack with my spud. I heard rumors of guys out on that today with machines. Seems hard to believe. In anyevent, the new ice will be difficult to discern if you dont know what it begins. Be safe out there. It starts about 1.89 miles out from the Boutell/Parish Rd area. Be safe and dont go alone if you head out.

Heres some fun Dad and I hauled in last night.

Morepics010.jpg

Thanks fellas. It was allot of fun.

Fishy,

I got those whitefish on an 1/8 oz. Adam Bomb that i make, or a similar lure is a northland forage minnow. Its a swim jig. Anyhow, i tipped it with a whole perch minnow. Got two on them.

Then the following day i got another whitefish on a #3 Jiggin rap. I used those Muskie Shop Fasttach clips on the bottom of the rap to get the hook away from the body. I have a poor hook up to land ratio with raps and these have improved it significantly. On the #3 and #5 raps i use the size 1 fasttach's and on the #7 and up i use the size 2 fastach. Works fantastically. Anyhow, i tip them with just a minnow head.

I actually had a nice walleye about to slurp up my jiggin rap when all of a sudden it just bolted off and in an instant a white fish came in like lightning and just nailed the jigging rap. Next thing i know i got another whitefish on ice. So three in two days...Awesome. Seem many more 8-10# whitefish down the hole, but couldnt get any to commit. Theyd just circle my offering like sharks, even if i layed it on bottom. Pretty awesome to see them do their thing. Pretty cool watching those toothy critters engulf your bait....also frustrating to see a 12# fish take one swipe at your perfectly still lure and miss and keep on its way...Oh how i wanted that fish...Woulda placed nicely in the Shiver on the River contest...Ill have to keep after em!

And the night before i seen about 30 of them. Not one yesterday either. Was good to fish with you Steve. Cya in two weeks for sure....I did some reading and we can spear those whitefish on the great lakes all year long...Might have to haul some extra gear along...I want a few of those 10# whitefish for the smoker!!!!