Im New here and going to the the best lake fisherman this season

Hi my name is tim

I have been on a few charters and got hooked!

I just purchased a 26' thompson fishing boat with all the bells and whistles. 4 down riggers i have 22 polls and a ton of tackle.

im hopeing to learm how to use this stuff now

i will have the boat parked at monroe harbor

thats what im saying!!!! CABIN FEVER

I bought the boat and had it srink wrapped the same day. I have never even driven it yet.

I used to have a power boat at monroe harbor for a few years, and i loved it. Hopefully i will like the fishing as much as i liked partying at the play pen.

so should i put new line on the reals or anything like that b4 spring?

Welcome aboard Tim, good luck with that new boat.:D

as far as respooling, any mono for riggers I would just do it now.

any braided line for your dispys if the spool is fully loaded just peal off 100-150 foot and call it good.

if you have any wire or copper just check for kinks.

Lead core look at the condition of the outer cloth. if it looks frayed or torn get rid of it.

you can loose alot of lures or setups ($$:eek:money:angry2:$$) real quick with line that is not up to the job.

When I was on the lake a couple years back I used to use truck driver talk for the tender service. You guys will love hearing me.

"BREAKER BREAKER THIS IS TWEKD1 MONROE HARBOR SOUTH SEARA 1 WHAT'S YOUR 10-20 FOR THE BIG FISHES?"

• 11 months later...

Welcome Tim, I agree with jonmarvin. Nothing starts a year off on the wrong foot is bad line when your out on the lake. Go to the launch and talk to the guys when they come in. Never seen a fisherman that didn't want to talk about fishing. Join a club in your area. Good Luck and a very nice rig.

Find someone close to you that knows how to fish buy him beer and take him fishing a lot till you learn all he has to offer and get a new friend to replace him LOL. Kinda like a starter wife. But honestly best way to learn is with the stuff you have so find a friend who can fish and share info. The trick is to learn how to catch fish with what you have. Mono is cheap I would make a list of what rod and reel setups you have and decide how you want to fish then setup each rod with a purpose.

Hey Tim,

You're on Chitown-Anglers as well....correct???

I'd be willing to meet up and go over things with you either during the off season (now) or as soon as you get the boat out of winter storage.

BTW....you said you didn't try the boat but you did test the motor...PLS!!!

Give me a shout and we can go from there.

Oh, I see this is from 2010....but you can still hit me up if you need to go over anything.

Another great place for seminars is Jalensky's in Kenosha. Highly recommended and well worth the time. It runs on March 5th and 6th. There are usualy 5 sessions presented by both charter captains and avid fisherman on a range of topics. Great deals as well.

P.S. Warning...acute cabin fever only gets worst after attending.

Twekd1,

You've come a long way since I meet you at an SU IL meeting early last year. From knowing nothing to a great show at the Chicago Yacht club tournament to you 2011 ice breaking expidition with HTR! We'll be asking you what to do soon!:lol: Are you going to the SU meeting Tuesday?:thumb:

Regards,

Rodm

• 3 months later...