Another Big One!

EdB

After my buddies big fish earlier this week, I couldn't wait for Saturday morning and fishing with my girls. We had a great morning. My 6 year old daughter Veronica gets her first master angler fish. It was a 12-3/16 inch slab red ear. It weighed 1 lb 5 ozs. I had just dropped a minnow down the hole and this fish came charging in for it but stopped short. I told Veronica to pull up her bait, a waxworm on a super glow jig. She did, he hit it and Veronica stuck him. It was a good fight for her on an ultra light spinning rod. The drag was screaming at times. This one is going on the wall.

veronica_2010_master_angler.jpg

Dad was sure proud!

He really knows how to hang one out in front of the camera.:rolleyes:

veronicadad_2010_master_angler.jpg

A more realistic view. My shanty has a 3 x 3ft hole, it's like watching an aquarium. We knew this was was a slab when he came in. We didn't hit a lot of fish today but we saw quite a few.

veronica_2010_master_angler2.jpg

It was kind of neat that Veronica was wearing her oldest sister's hand me down coat. Olivia got this master angler spec when she was 6 yr olds. It was the biggest crappie entered in the 08 Master angler program. I think I posted it here back then. That is a lucky fishing jacket!;)

olivia_s_2008_master_angler_spec.jpg