runnin 4 divers

ryan

my name is ryan. i fish on the wild at heart boat with my dad kevin. My question is for the guys who run four divers, two per side, with wires for low divers and say fireline for the high divers. was wonderin if the low divers should be runnin the mag divers as a standard for seperation purporses.I would love some input on this.

With the help from Nailer - Ken we ran 4 divers off my boat the the first time last summer.

just as you asked about.

wire diver with mag ring on the inside set to 1.5 back about 100 - 150 , then the high diver was also a mag diver set to 2.5 10' rod w/ braided line back 125 to 175.

seemed to work very well did not have an issue with the two getting tangled,

for this spring I have my own rods, both are setup with braid, but plan to run the same way.

I run 2 divers per side and don't run mags. I just run #1's with the low divers on 1.5 and the highs on 3. As far as colors go, I run black on one side and green on the other. I used to run clear divers but they stripped out. I don't think color matters much I just use 2 different colors to indicate side.

Mag divers on your deep divers will help with separation but are not nessasary. Run your deep divers on a .5-1 and you high diver on a 2.5 will keep you out of trouble. Color never matters all long as the are black!

Before I got the second set of downriggers I sometimes ran 3 divers per side Mags on wire 107's on braid set on 2 and #1's on mono set on 3. Worked good most of the time only knitted a sweater a time or 2. Keep in mind what you run behind them affects how they run so a low diver pulling a Flasher fly will not be as deep as you think and could end up in a high diver pulling a spoon.

Ryan, I run a #1 set on 1 for the wires and #1 set on 3for my highs all the time the only issues we have is setting in ruff water .We like white glow or green crinkle divers.I tried the mag divers but didnt like the massive pull. jimbobber

As long as there is not a bunch of fleas in the water, the divers will run fine together. When the sea fleas get abundant, they tend to collect on the braid and pull it back. When the braid get's covered and pulls back, it can get tangled with the low diver. Wire doesn't tend to be bothered by the sea fleas as much.