Jauary 13th, 2010 Little Bay de Noc

My wife Theresa and I tried another spot this evening that we have never fished before with so-so results. We really didn't mark all that many, but she did catch her first hog of the season! I only had one hit the whole time, and the darn thing came off. It did feel like a keeper though. It hit a "doctored up" #9 GGT Rap about 6 feet off bottom. Theresa started off catching a couple throwbacks. Then about 5:45 she hooked into a good one. Turned out to be dandy 28 inch walleye that weighed exactly 8 pounds. Unfortunately, the darn thing flopped pretty hard just before I took her picture, and in the process, ripped one of her gills. We didn't think she would make it, so we ended up keeping her and had her for dinner tonight! I had to set the video camera down to help get the fish thru the hole, but the camera was still running and you can hear how excited my wife was when I got the fish on the ice. Theresa caught one more throwback after that and then we came in. I think Theresa caught the first two throwbacks on a #7 Clown Rap and the last two fish on a size 8 Holographic Blue/Green Ice Darter. Have to try this spot on a cloudy day next time. I think it has potential. A friend of mine that was fishing a little shallower than us marked way more fish than we did tonight. He also caught a hog. See ya on the ice...

Kevin Lee

d4NQkDL4Jxo

• 3 weeks later...