Priority1 Hot Wings

Paperboy1

I'm not sure who gave Paul the Paperboy handle, but I know why they hung it on him. My good friend Paul R. distributes the Woods and Waters News. Paul is an excellent fisherman. The only two things Paul does better than fishing, is cook and talk.:lol: Another warm welcome to you Paul.:)

Alright, alright already. Here's the recipe for getting Hooters. Lots of $$:D

Oh, The hot wing recipe. Ok.

Head to the store and find some McCormick Bbq spice. Get 2 jars. You'll need it. Sam's Club, Costco, and GFS carry 5 lb. bags of "raw" wings. Get one bag. I prefer the jumbo wings.

Pour the Bbq spice into a small bowl and add a tablespoon of granulated garlic and some cracked black pepper and sea salt to taste. Mix together and replace the spice into the container. The jar is a shaker type.

Pre-heat the oven to 410 degrees. Take aluminum foil and line a cookie sheet with it(easier to clean when done). Spray the foil with some non-stick spray.

Rinse the wings and arrange them on the cookie sheet. Sprinkle LIBERALLY with the seasoning on the side facing up (duh). Bake for about 25-30 minutes. Turn them over and sprinkle the wings again liberally with the spice. Bake an additional 15-17 minutes. Remove and place them in a good sized stainless bowl.

Please use a charcoal grill for these and no lighter fluid.They won't be the same without one. Kingsford Hickory charcoal is all I use. Soak a small amount of your favorite smoking wood to use on the charcoal. Get the grill going. Arrange some of your wood pieces on the outer edges of the charcoal. Place the wings on the grill. They will cook fast so don't leave them alone too long to go get your beer.

In the bowl they came out of, melt over low heat 2-3 tablespoons of butter slowly. Squeeze in the juice of a half of a fresh lime. Once the butter has melted slowly pour in about 4oz. of Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce.(The less Frank's you use the milder...the more you use the hotter...) Blend together and get your butt back out to the grill and turn the wings one more time. Stay with 'em. Take the wings off the grill and place them into the bowl of sauce. Take the bowl and toss the wings around in the sauce mixture. Final thing is take the other half of the lime and squeeze it over the wings and toss them around one more time.

It seems complicated, but it's not. AWFULLY TASTY wings!! I've grabbed a rod before onboard Priority1 while having a wing hanging out my mouth! :D

Try these with bleu cheese dressing or ranch. Heck...I like 'em just the way they are! These are actually quite good cold. By baking them first you have cooked away most of the fat.

Let me know how they are guys.

I'm not sure who gave Paul the Paperboy handle, but I know why they hung it on him. My good friend Paul R. distributes the Woods and Waters News. Paul is an excellent fisherman. The only two things Paul does better than fishing, is cook and talk.:lol: Another warm welcome to you Paul.:)

....Or comes over to your home to use your computer!:grin:

Alright, alright already. Here's the recipe for getting Hooters. Lots of $$:D

Oh, The hot wing recipe. Ok.

Head to the store and find some McCormick Bbq spice. Get 2 jars. You'll need it. Sam's Club, Costco, and GFS carry 5 lb. bags of "raw" wings. Get one bag. I prefer the jumbo wings.

Pour the Bbq spice into a small bowl and add a tablespoon of granulated garlic and some cracked black pepper and sea salt to taste. Mix together and replace the spice into the container. The jar is a shaker type.

Pre-heat the oven to 410 degrees. Take aluminum foil and line a cookie sheet with it(easier to clean when done). Spray the foil with some non-stick spray.

Rinse the wings and arrange them on the cookie sheet. Sprinkle LIBERALLY with the seasoning on the side facing up (duh). Bake for about 25-30 minutes. Turn them over and sprinkle the wings again liberally with the spice. Bake an additional 15-17 minutes. Remove and place them in a good sized stainless bowl.

Please use a charcoal grill for these and no lighter fluid.They won't be the same without one. Kingsford Hickory charcoal is all I use. Soak a small amount of your favorite smoking wood to use on the charcoal. Get the grill going. Arrange some of your wood pieces on the outer edges of the charcoal. Place the wings on the grill. They will cook fast so don't leave them alone too long to go get your beer.

In the bowl they came out of, melt over low heat 2-3 tablespoons of butter slowly. Squeeze in the juice of a half of a fresh lime. Once the butter has melted slowly pour in about 4oz. of Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce.(The less Frank's you use the milder...the more you use the hotter...) Blend together and get your butt back out to the grill and turn the wings one more time. Stay with 'em. Take the wings off the grill and place them into the bowl of sauce. Take the bowl and toss the wings around in the sauce mixture. Final thing is take the other half of the lime and squeeze it over the wings and toss them around one more time.

It seems complicated, but it's not. AWFULLY TASTY wings!! I've grabbed a rod before onboard Priority1 while having a wing hanging out my mouth! :D

Try these with bleu cheese dressing or ranch. Heck...I like 'em just the way they are! These are actually quite good cold. By baking them first you have cooked away most of the fat.

Let me know how they are guys.

So what time they gonna be done?:lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...